• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Adeno b12 and potassium

cman89

Do I need to be using potassium when I take only Adenosylcobalamin/Dibencozide for the day? I have Source naturals brand that sure seems like it has very Methylcobalamin type results, rather than the subdued effects i'm used to from Adeno B12.

PeterPositive

Adeno B12 doesn't drive methylation directly, therefore it should not put extra burden on potassium usage.
Of course if your body says otherwise, you probably need it.

Personally I've never had issues with K and both Adeno/Methyl B12.

cheers

Ninan

Adeno B12 gave me a huge magnesium deficiency. Not sure why but I'm still struggling to raise my levels. Can't take adeno at all (sadly since it made me feel much better) since my mg levels plummet from only one pill.

dannybex

Adeno B12 gave me a huge magnesium deficiency. Not sure why but I'm still struggling to raise my levels. Can't take adeno at all (sadly since it made me feel much better) since my mg levels plummet from only one pill.
I'm curious how you know your magnesium levels plummet after taking AD-B12? Did you have a blood test or...?

liverock

When taking the normal MethylB12 it is converted in the body to Adeno B12 by methionine before being used for energy in mitochondria.
Taking a 10mg Adeno in place of the usual 5mg or 1mg Mb12 is going to increase B12 to fire up mito energy.

Unfortunately, Magnesium and B12 have to be kept in balance, increasing either without the other can cause altered symptom status of some individuals.

See the mineral wheel charts here:
http://www.traceelements.com/Docs/The Nutritional Relationships of Magnesium.pdf

[

sregan

f81cb877156c38c2a0af4782a243815b.gif