• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

One of founders of Chilli ME challenge describes her negative experiences of a (UK) "CFS/ME" clinic

Dolphin

One of the founders of the Chilli ME challenge describes her negative experiences of a (UK) NHS "CFS/ME" clinic where a physiotherapist (=physical therapist in some countries) gave her a psychiatric diagnosis and hypochondria label.

(8 minutes 36 seconds)

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Gee, researching your illness means you are a hypochondriac? Why do they publish open access studies then--most M.D.s would not need for them to be open access. :confused:

I guess they would prefer that "we" come into our doc's office saying something like "I feel like crap all over, I can't walk, I feel like I have the flu all the time, what do you think might be wrong? As opposed to handing them published studies that match our symptoms and being able to discuss possibilities with some level of knowledge.

snowathlete

I think it is great to talk about this, to bring it out in the open and show that this is the sort of crap that us patients are being treated with. I agree that we are getting more media attention now, and I think that's partly because us patients are educating people about the reality of the disease in lots of different ways. I think that's a very good thing.

worldbackwards

Does that mean that PACE paved the way for the Chili ME Challenge?

...since they claimed that PACE paved the way for the IOM report... ;-)
PACE paved the way for ME. It is the fount of all the knowledge that has ever been produced in scientific history. It is in fact a scientific collossus. It bestrides the world with a twinkling eye and a hammering fist. It knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sakes.

PACE is life. And life, surely, is PACE. Where would we be without it?

Forbin

Does that mean that PACE paved the way for the Chili ME Challenge?

...since they claimed that PACE paved the way for the IOM report... ;-)

The evidence is compelling...
00041565198788_full.jpg

Sean

Whenever you're sick and feeling down
a shot of PACE will bring you round

Reset your thinking, grade your steps
For all of us, and at all times

PACE, PACE, PACE is best!

(Written and authorised by ME.)

Last edited:

Sidereal

Since when is it the role of physiotherapists and OTs to diagnose and treat disease? UK fatigue clinic: a place where you get told by a barely credentialled pseudo medical professional that you don't have ME/CFS because they don't understand your symptoms.

snowathlete

PACE paved the way for ME. It is the fount of all the knowledge that has ever been produced in scientific history. It is in fact a scientific collossus. It bestrides the world with a twinkling eye and a hammering fist. It knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sakes.

PACE is life. And life, surely, is PACE. Where would we be without it?

War is PACE
Freedom is CBT
GET is Strength​