• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Immunomodulatory and neuroprotective effects of inosine

Ema

How long did you take it before you noticed any results. If you did, that is. I've taken inosine a couple of times but never regularly. Never noticed anything at all.
I didn't notice any results, unfortunately, either in terms of symptom reduction.

I do think it's good to have uric acid levels in range though because it is a potent antioxidant. For that reason alone (and because I didn't get any side effects from it), I will probably go back on it again once I get some other things better under control.

ebethc

in the past when i have used inosine i have noticed that it has improved my joint pains, maybe reducing inflammation??
After my next lot of testing to see if ahcc increases nk numbers i will then add inosine to the mix and see what happens??

cheers!!

@heapsreal - did the inosine help increase your NK cells? how long did you take it, and at what does? thanks.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@heapsreal - did the inosine help increase your NK cells? how long did you take it, and at what does? thanks.

I didnt have any nk testing at the time of using inosine. The very first time i used it i improved quite alot on it but this lasted 6 weeks. I have been unable to repeat this since with inosine. this was several years ago.

I have experimented with a few immune mods and now sticking with immunovir long term as they have increased my nk numbers after a couple of months use in the past.

I have used some immune mods from russia called cycloferon and arbidol. cycloferon did increase my nk function alot and i felt better on it but unable to sustain this, i think it may be good for viral type crashes etc. Arbidol is also an interferon inducer like immunovir and arbidol and is indicated for cold/flu infections, i found this helped my sinus infections alot but never had any nk testing while on it.

I did use the ahcc and the first night broke out in a fever and sweating alot the first night. I did the high doses of 3000mg a day for 10 days and then a maintenance dose of 1000mg a day and got nk numbers tested when on this dose, but i didnt have any changes in nk numbers. Possibly need to stay on the higher doses for this but cost is out of my league. I might use this like cycloferon and use it for crashes etc??

helen1

I had a gout attack after taking it for 3 weeks. And I hadn't had a gout attack in 5 years, so I strongly suspect the inosine.

Gondwanaland

I had a gout attack after taking it for 3 weeks. And I hadn't had a gout attack in 5 years, so I strongly suspect the inosine.
Inosine is taken with the purpose to raise uric acid, it is an UA precursor. Just google inosine uric acid
F1.medium.gif

http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/324/1/1.full

Mary

Moderator Resource
INIM is starting me on inosine due to preliminary immune results. (Don't know specifics yet, but told to start it now rather than waiting til face-to-face visit)

Are any of you still taking it? Results? Warnings?

I'm a little leery as both my siblings (males) have recently had gout. Has anyone developed gout with inosine use?

Thanks so much.

I've been taking inosine for maybe 10 months. Dr. Chia recommended it to me maybe a year and a half ago, after Equilibrant did nothing for me. When I first tried inosine, I noticed nothing, no effect, so stopped it. Then I tried it again maybe 10 months later (I've lost track!), and I noticed it boosted my energy. My NK number was very low and I'm sick a lot, so I'm hoping it will help my immune system.

I haven't noticed any negative side effects. I do have mild allergies but they haven't worsened, and I have no idea of my uric acid number. I do want to get my NK numbers re-tested to see if this has helped.