• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Perfect Health Diet

paul80

I'm going to start this diet and i was wondering if anyone that is on it can tell what they would eat on a typical day. I just struggling to come up with ideas to plan this and it would help to hear how other people do it. I need to find a way to do it with minimal energy use which i'm sure most people here understand.

I would also like to lose weight as i think it would help with the leg pain i get just from walking in the house. Does anyone knows how many calories someone that is mostly housebound should be eating? I am 15 stone (210lbs) and 6'00 tall.

sscobalt93

There are plenty of websites that can tell you your Recommend Daily Intake. Most males shouldn't go less than 2000 calories a day though. I am your heights 20 pounds lighter and I require 2500 minimum. But I try to stay active as much as I can. I do better on maintaining at 3000-3500

South

@paul80 I like the book about the diet (written by authors with last name Jaminet) - it gives quite a few examples of meal menus and I think saves work in figuring out some meals.

I sort of dabble in that diet (have the book too), but am busy with other things and so haven't pursued it consistently - but I think if someone took some time without other distractions to really practice it for awhile, they'd become pretty efficient with it to where it wouldn't take up too much time each day.

Also, (the book might not cover this enough) -- making big batches of things and freezing them in single serving portions saves me a bunch of time no matter what diet I'm currently on! (a large slow cooker and my freezer are my best friends)

sscobalt93

@South I read somewhere that freezing foods causes histamine levels to rise in them, do your own research on it though I've only read it. But it would make sense to look up if you do have problems with histamine and I know some people with CFS do. I'm not sure if I do but I try to cook all my food fresh

South

@sscobalt93 Actually, I subscribe to the same idea about this that Sidereal believes, that histamine reactions are almost all due to gut dysbiosis and leaky gut allowing bacterial toxins into the blood, not from the amount of histamine in the food we eat. (a quote from Sidreal is below).

Eating prefrozen food or avoiding it has never made one bit of difference in my allergic state.

The amount of daily work a person saves by thawing premade, healthy food from their own freezer is essential to eating right without spending all day in the kitchen, in my opinion. Luckily, it doesn't aggravate my allergic state, and doesn't for many other people either, apparently.

When I took my first dose of RS I got covered in histamine which, combined with the info I read here, made me realise that histamine excess in the body has almost nothing to do with the histamine content of food but the condition of your gut - dysbiosis and permeability/leakiness of the gut. Because my gut was so leaky the LPS was translocating everywhere causing huge flu-like reactions for the first few months of taking RS. I even got a temperature the first time I took it. But I figured, you know what, it's not normal to get histamine and the flu when you take some freakin' potato starch so I stubbornly persisted. After a few months on the starch, my pseudoallergies / hypersensitivities abated. I am left with only pollen + grass allergies but no weird reactions to food/meds/odours which used to be a nightmare. Yesterday I was exposed to a lot of nasty perfume and I was waiting for the choking but guess what, nothing happened.

Sidereal

that histamine reactions are almost all due to gut dysbiosis and leaky gut allowing bacterial toxins into the blood, not from the amount of histamine in the food we eat

People with severe mast cell activation syndrome have histamine reactions to all kinds of foods, meds, supplements etc that don't contain histamine. In very severe cases even water triggers reactions.

sscobalt93

@sscobalt93 Actually, I subscribe to the same idea about this that Sidereal believes, that histamine reactions are almost all due to gut dysbiosis and leaky gut allowing bacterial toxins into the blood, not from the amount of histamine in the food we eat. (a quote from Sidreal is below).

Eating prefrozen food or avoiding it has never made one bit of difference in my allergic state.

The amount of daily work a person saves by thawing premade, healthy food from their own freezer is essential to eating right without spending all day in the kitchen, in my opinion. Luckily, it doesn't aggravate my allergic state, and doesn't for many other people either, apparently.

I do agree with this! Resistant Starch is on my Grocery list this week! It does make sense, I don't think about histamine too much though I don't get seasonal allergies. I did when I first moved to florida 2 years ago, but not any more. My sister though, her nose runs like a leaky faucet all year around. It's nasty. Good ting I don't live with her haha. I'm able to make my food fresh at all times so I do so. I should have reworded my statement. I am not against frozen/premade foods. As long as they are healthy :)

paul80

@paul80 I like the book about the diet (written by authors with last name Jaminet) - it gives quite a few examples of meal menus and I think saves work in figuring out some meals.

I sort of dabble in that diet (have the book too), but am busy with other things and so haven't pursued it consistently - but I think if someone took some time without other distractions to really practice it for awhile, they'd become pretty efficient with it to where it wouldn't take up too much time each day.

Also, (the book might not cover this enough) -- making big batches of things and freezing them in single serving portions saves me a bunch of time no matter what diet I'm currently on! (a large slow cooker and my freezer are my best friends)

Thanks yea i'm going to try and do this, problem is i'm a terrible cook. I just wish there was more ready made food you could buy that didn't have as much crap in it.

I've been searching on this forum about diet and I've heard quite a lot of people say they lost weight simply by cutting out wheat. It's actually made me realize how much wheat i eat.

sscobalt93

@paul80 - Apparently the wheat we eat today isn't the same as what it was years and years ago. Dr John Mcdougal believes that wheat we eat now is actually a different type of wheat and can be possibly damaging.

I also read that wheat is actually a thyroid suppressant. Go figure..

Tunguska

I jumped on that diet years ago. It kept me from falling into the low-carb craze too long which only hurts me. It was worth reading the book. Albeit take everything with a grain of salt because a few areas are better researched by others even from this forum. There's much variability between people.

Poster above knows, the easiest road to getting the nutrients is to make a large chili or stew and freeze it. Soft-boil some eggs on the side. (This is the weakest part of the diet. 3 eggs a day, but all commercial eggs except pastured eggs are crap.)

oceanwild

[banned as spam]
I am wondering what is ur diet plan. and for me. eat fruit at afternoon. and eat very less for dinner. if I dont feel sleep well. I may take a supps for a good sleep . cheers .

sscobalt93

@oceanwild I eat all my fruits in the morning and eat my complex carbs/fats/proteins for lunch and dinner. The fruits are very cleansing in the morning and from what I have read that's the best time to eat them because your stomach is empty and fruits go right through the stomach and into the intestines in a short period of time. Other foods take longer to digest and can cause issues if you eat fruits after them

sscobalt93

Was this directed towards me? I do take supplements but not 5-HTP.

I take:
Thorn Research B-Complex #12
Methyl b12
Prescript Assist probiotic
Digestive Enzymes
Zinc
Molybdenum
Royal Jelly
Sodium Alginate
Vitamin E
Selenium
Samnento
Burbur

oceanwild

[banned as spam]
Was this directed towards me? I do take supplements but not 5-HTP.

I take:
Thorn Research B-Complex #12
Methyl b12
Prescript Assist probiotic
Digestive Enzymes
Zinc
Molybdenum
Royal Jelly
Sodium Alginate
Vitamin E
Selenium
Samnento
Burbur

wow. you take the supplements a lot. r u take just part of it or ?

sscobalt93

I dont seem to understand you @oceanwild

I take these because most of them are needed for methylation process. The Samento, Burbur, sodium alginate are for different things. Samento/Burbur are antimicrobials and Sodium alginate is a fiber that binds tightly to toxins in the gut. Its the beginning process to a heavy metal detox I am going to embark on in the near future.

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
@whodathunkit Here I am at the Perfect Health Diet thread. I've read the book - not cover to cover, I'll keep dipping into it - and have started on the diet.
Gulp.

It is quite a leap of faith and I predict that I may just die and go to heaven with all the starch or else end up the size of a barn door (and I'm already at my heaviest weight). I'm genuinely not sure how I'll be able to eat so much.

@paul80 Are you still doing this?

Last edited:

whodathunkit

It is quite a leap of faith and I predict that I may just die and go to heaven with all the starch or else end up the size of a barn door (and I'm already at my heaviest weight). I'm genuinely not sure how I'll be able to eat so much.
:lol: Definitely about heaven and the starch. :thumbsup:

But you know as well as me to do only what you can do (eat only what you can eat, etc.) and no more. ;) And don't worry about it after that.

Add in some intermittent fasting and I seriously doubt you'll gain any weight and will probably lose it.

Here's another cheap, useful Amazon book download for you: The Fast Diet. Jaimenet(sp?) hits on IF a bit in the PHD book, but this book gives you a better idea of how it can be done and what the benefits are and the rationales for the benefits.http://www.amazon.com/FastDiet-Revi...UTF8&qid=1440095890&sr=8-1&keywords=fast+diet

Put the PHD with some serious intermittent fasting and I'm betting you lose weight AND your cravings.