• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cheapest private tests in london

Hi guys,
I was wondering where is the cheapest place in london to get blood testing done?? So far I have found pulsescreening which seems to be the cheapest. My doctor won't help me so I need to go private my budgest is £500 only.

ok let me begin by listing my symptoms (I am male btw) :

chronic body odor (of ammonia)
joint pains
chronic fatigue
wide lower rib cage (for a male)
wide hips (for a male)
big back (for a male)
chronic bad breath (fecal breath)
irratiblity
chronic brain fog

I've had all these conditions since age 12 and so has my brother so it suggests to me it is a genetic problem.

My suspicion hormonal however when I take coconut oil I get a strong herx reaction (vomiting and diarehea) which also suggests some kind of infection maybe???

The tests I initially want to do are:
Estrogen (or is it oestradial??)
Free Testosterone
Liver function
Kidney function

So far I have found a company which will do them all for just under £200 however I am wondering if there is a cheaper company???? which is the cheapest blood testing company in london???

Also which tests should I do if I suspect I have a hormonal condition which has affect the way my bone structure has developed??

My suspicion is estrogen dominance (which may be due to high aromatese) however it might be too much testosterone which is converting into too much estrogen or possibly growth hormone?? I don't know tbh I don't have much money and I need help.

sorry for the wall of text and I hope I have made myself clear.

How come your doctor doesn't want to help you ? I mean I can understand he doesn't want to do a hormonal profile right away, but liver and kidney function are part of the very basic blood tests, so he would be pretty criminal to not even check for the basics.