• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

cmo/Cetyl Myristoleate for arthritis and joint pain??

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Has anyone used CMO for arthritis and joint pain, i read about it a few years ago but hadnt heard anyone else using it and still havent heard much. Its supposed to help cartilage regenerate and can also reduce inflammation and also help with auto-immune problems and is said to combine well with glucosamine. Some info i have read is that it is taken in a course of something like 3-4 weeks and only need to repeat this if symptoms return, although also heard that some take a maintenance dose.

True CMO is a concentrated lipid extract from natural bovine source providing the fatty acid cerasomol-cis-9-cetyl myristoleate.

Would be interested to hear from others who have used it. Seems a relatively cheap supp from iherb, jarrows brand.

cheers!!!

Ema

Has anyone used CMO for arthritis and joint pain, i read about it a few years ago but hadnt heard anyone else using it and still havent heard much. Its supposed to help cartilage regenerate and can also reduce inflammation and also help with auto-immune problems and is said to combine well with glucosamine. Some info i have read is that it is taken in a course of something like 3-4 weeks and only need to repeat this if symptoms return, although also heard that some take a maintenance dose.

True CMO is a concentrated lipid extract from natural bovine source providing the fatty acid cerasomol-cis-9-cetyl myristoleate.

Would be interested to hear from others who have used it. Seems a relatively cheap supp from iherb, jarrows brand.

cheers!!!
Did you ever try this?

I've been giving it to my dog for her arthritis and it has made a huge difference. Truly striking differences in her energy level and freedom of movement in her hips.

I've been thinking about trying it myself for the antiinflammatory benefits. It's supposed to have some regulatory effects on T cells too...

heapsreal

Did you ever try this?

I've been giving it to my dog for her arthritis and it has made a huge difference. Truly striking differences in her energy level and freedom of movement in her hips.

I've been thinking about trying it myself for the antiinflammatory benefits. It's supposed to have some regulatory effects on T cells too...

No. Another thing on my bucket list to try. Been dealing with tendonitis in my shoulder for awhile, might be worth a try. No spare cash at moment. Flooded with bills, otherwise i would try it tomorrow .

I think when it was first on the market it was quite expensive , guessing its cheaper now.

ema you ever try memantine for its inflammatory effects?

Ema

No. Another thing on my bucket list to try. Been dealing with tendonitis in my shoulder for awhile, might be worth a try. No spare cash at moment. Flooded with bills, otherwise i would try it tomorrow .

I think when it was first on the market it was quite expensive , guessing its cheaper now.

ema you ever try memantine for its inflammatory effects?
It's not too bad. About $15/bottle which would probably last between 1-2 months depending on how high you took your loading dose.

No, never tried memantine. It's on my radar but I haven't studied it much. Is it a good antiinflammatory?

heapsreal

It's not too bad. About $15/bottle which would probably last between 1-2 months depending on how high you took your loading dose.

No, never tried memantine. It's on my radar but I haven't studied it much. Is it a good antiinflammatory?

Memantine is used for neurological illnesses and works as an nmda antagonist and studies show it reduces tnf alpha.
I found it has a calming energy effect but its a low and slow dosing as can initially get headaches .

Wayne

Hi @heapsreal

I tried it many years ago, so my recollections are a little hazy. I seem to remember getting some benefit from it, but was somewhat variable. As I recall, it really was expensive, and though I did get some benefits, it wasn't enough to justify the cost.

Thankfully, the really bad headaches I used to get back then have improved about 80% since that time. These days I use Tylenol 4 (60mg of codeine & 30 mg of tylenol per tablet) to control my headache pain, and only take a sixth of a tablet at a time.