• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Prescript Assist: should it smell of anything?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just about to try some Prescript Assist from a bottle that I opened just over a year ago and that has been sitting in a cupboard. The expiry date is 2017. I opened a capsule (I was going to try a 1/4 capsule dose) and sniffed it to make sure that it was OK. It smells very slightly of cheesy feet!

Is that normal or do I need to buy a fresh bottle?

Here's hoping all goes well! Please let me know how your experience with PA goes because I'm supposed to take it as well but kind of scared.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Here's hoping all goes well! Please let me know how your experience with PA goes because I'm supposed to take it as well but kind of scared.

Well, I'm still alive this morning.

I only took 1/4 tab because previously when I took it (a year ago), I worked up from 1/4 tab to 1 tab over about a week and had daily, intense migraines for six days straight until I stopped it (that's how desperate I was to try it) and an outbreak of cold sores on my lips (some on this thread consider that to be a very good sign, though!).

This time I'll be sticking at 1/4 capsule...

Well, I'm still alive this morning.

I only took 1/4 tab because previously when I took it (a year ago), I worked up from 1/4 tab to 1 tab over about a week and had daily, intense migraines for six days straight until I stopped it (that's how desperate I was to try it) and an outbreak of cold sores on my lips (some on this thread consider that to be a very good sign, though!).

This time I'll be sticking at 1/4 capsule...

Slowly but surely is the way to go, sister!

whodathunkit

My PA doesn't smell. But I have another one called "Primal Flora" that does smell a bit like cheesy feet. Or some kind of funk. I still take it. Not dead yet. ;)