• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Any recommendations on a home far infrared sauna heater?

Hello,

A couple of practitioners have suggested that my daughter try a sauna (specifically far infrared) to attempt to reduce her toxic burden (she had tested positive for some mold). Because she also has POTs, and doesn't do well in the heat, the practitioners specifically recommended the infrared sauna rather than traditional sauna. Actually, I recently read that even without POTS, an infrared sauna is more effective at removing toxins vs. traditional sauna.

I know of one place that offers infrared sauna, but it is far away and with my daughter having CFS and FM, it is an effort to get there. So, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable company for a home far infrared heater? I wasn't thinking of building a home sauna, but rather just sticking the heater in a small room (e.g. bathroom) to be able to heat up the room more quickly. I'm sure a home sauna unit would be more effective than a sauna heater, but I'm looking for a solution that will get her at least started on detox, so she can at least get some improvement that way.

I'm looking for a reputable company/product to ensure I'm not buy just a light bub with a fan unit. Does anyone have any recommendations? Does anyone have any testimonials about such treatment?

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scotty81

ebethc

Hello,

A couple of practitioners have suggested that my daughter try a sauna (specifically far infrared) to attempt to reduce her toxic burden (she had tested positive for some mold). Because she also has POTs, and doesn't do well in the heat, the practitioners specifically recommended the infrared sauna rather than traditional sauna. Actually, I recently read that even without POTS, an infrared sauna is more effective at removing toxins vs. traditional sauna.

I know of one place that offers infrared sauna, but it is far away and with my daughter having CFS and FM, it is an effort to get there. So, I am wondering if anyone can recommend a reliable company for a home far infrared heater? I wasn't thinking of building a home sauna, but rather just sticking the heater in a small room (e.g. bathroom) to be able to heat up the room more quickly. I'm sure a home sauna unit would be more effective than a sauna heater, but I'm looking for a solution that will get her at least started on detox, so she can at least get some improvement that way.

I'm looking for a reputable company/product to ensure I'm not buy just a light bub with a fan unit. Does anyone have any recommendations? Does anyone have any testimonials about such treatment?

Any help you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Scotty81

Hi @Scotty81

I have a sunlighten solo system and am very happy with it.
http://www.sunlighten.com/solo-system.html

- Low EMFs.. I am sensitive, so while I don't have an EMF meter, I feel comfortable in the Solo
- No plastic parts inside... I believe the outside is some kind of vinyl, but I live in an apt, so the bigger, all-wood units are not an option for me.

CONS
- price... I bought mine used and paid $1000. I thought THAT was too much but it's way better than the 2-grand-plus that the new units cost... Plus, I bought it from someone I knew (a nurse, no less) so I felt comfortable buying it used from her vs a stranger.
- I had already contacted Sunlighten with questions about purchase. They are completely obnoxious about contacting you.. I got emails almost every day from multiple sales people, and they are not at all transparent about their prices (as you can see, not listed on website)... I hate to recommend them based on what a nightmare their sale people are, however, I'm very happy w the actual sauna, so there you have it.

*GG*

Oh, from the headline i thought you were specifically looking for a heater, not a whole unit. FYI

GG

xrunner

Does anyone have any recommendations? Does anyone have any testimonials about such treatment?
I was also advised by a ME/CFS doctor to try FIR saunas for detox.
I initially tried a sauna bag but couldn't stand the smell. Then I tried a wooden cabin without much success.
My experience was that the heat from a fir sauna goes much deeper and it was actually hard for me to endure but I was quite debilitated at the time.
As for its detox benefits, I never experienced any but plenty of PEM episodes after each session.

My thoughts are that there are more effective and cheaper treatments than saunas for detoxing such as the simplified methylation protocol and specifically for mold details at this link http://www.survivingmold.com/mold-symptoms.
Best wishes

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I took a look at their website. They claim their units are affordable. However they have an "Apply for Financing" option. :cautious: Hmmm.