• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Does anyone know where Dr. Bested is now?

darroo

I dont think she's practising anymore atm. too much politics within the health community in canada. everyones going to usa or brussels for treatment

Oberon

If you're in Ontario, I've searched wide and far for help but there really isn't much available for CFS. The bet bet is probably Womans College Hospital's Environmental Health Clinic which I'm currently in my 2nd month of an 8 month wait list, so I'd recommend getting a referral as soon as possible even if you find an alternative option in between that time. Even WCH will only see you up to a maximum of 3 times and only works in conjunction with your general practitioner.

darroo

I was at womens college already. theres only so much they will offer you. They don`t have much resources. everyone who chooses to persue is going to europe or states for treatment options and even that isn`t guaranteed

Kati

Patient in training
I was at womens college already. theres only so much they will offer you. They don`t have much resources. everyone who chooses to persue is going to europe or states for treatment options and even that isn`t guaranteed
i would suggest that we are long overdue for a national campaign for increased research funding for ME and FM in Canada. The care we are currently receiving in this country is unacceptable. We shouldn't have to source care from out of country (but I understand those who do and I have myself spent a fair amount of money).

darroo

its crazy out here thats for sure is it a church or a hospital, with their belief system.

Oberon

Good to know about WCH, I'm going to a Naturopath now to run some tests, but if that and WCH doesn't pan I'll be joining the club of people who go out of country for treatment.

darroo

they aren't allowed to make suggestions either like which vitamins to take otherwise they will be held accountable. start planning based on your symptoms where you would like to go, brussels or usa. I like KDM's focus. but $$

Snookum96

I am on the wait list for women's college, also in the second month of the wait. I did get in to have Skype appt with Dr. Hyde so I'm hoping he can at least tell my doctor how to order some of the tests I have asked her for. She didn't know how to order a tilt table test or a Lyme disease test so I'm not really going into these apps with much.