• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sterile/Bacteriostatic Water Source?

Ema

I'm looking for a reliable, non prescription source of sterile/bacteriostatic water for subQ injection...anyone have any good ideas for me?

Thank you!

Ema

Thanks!

Have you ordered from Mountainside before?

I called the pharmacy and they say it's a prescription item. I'm not sure how water could be a prescription item...maybe I'll try another pharmacy.

Also, I'm not sure I understand the difference between sterile water and bacteriostatic water? Is it just the preservative? If I'm mixing up a peptide for daily use over a month, would I need the bacteriostatic kind with the preservative?

CFS_for_19_years

Hoarder of biscuits
Thanks!

Have you ordered from Mountainside before?

I called the pharmacy and they say it's a prescription item. I'm not sure how water could be a prescription item...maybe I'll try another pharmacy.

I haven't ordered from Mountainside before....bummer that it's a prescription item.

I don't know if these plastic vials would work for you or not - maybe you could snap off the top and put the needle in the solution:
www.amazon.com/Water-Sterile-Vial-Unit-Units/dp/B00BCOKP3U

This doesn't appear to require a prescription:
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/bacteri...usp-2-pack/265696296.html?listingId=340674056

I don't know if this requires a prescription, plus watch out for the $12.99 shipping:
http://www.reliablemedsupplies.com/...cimen-Traps/WATER-INJ-10ML-ABB048871010H.html

lso, I'm not sure I understand the difference between sterile water and bacteriostatic water? Is it just the preservative? If I'm mixing up a peptide for daily use over a month, would I need the bacteriostatic kind with the preservative?

I can't say whether you would need sterile or bacteriostatic water. I believe the only difference is the preservative.

zzz

I've ordered from Mountainside multiple times. They're one of the few places that will sell you items without a prescription that most other places require a prescription for.

Specifically, I've ordered bacteriostatic water from them with no problem.
Also, I'm not sure I understand the difference between sterile water and bacteriostatic water? Is it just the preservative? If I'm mixing up a peptide for daily use over a month, would I need the bacteriostatic kind with the preservative?

Yes, the only difference is the preservative. For your use, the bacteriostatic type is recommended. I'm using bacteriostatic water for the exact same purpose.

Ema

I've ordered from Mountainside multiple times. They're one of the few places that will sell you items without a prescription that most other places require a prescription for.

Specifically, I've ordered bacteriostatic water from them with no problem.

Yes, the only difference is the preservative. For your use, the bacteriostatic type is recommended. I'm using bacteriostatic water for the exact same purpose.
Thank you!