• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mineral complex supplement

PeterPositive

I've had the same problems with minerals.
I can handle trace minerals ok, but those that are dosed in hundreds of milligrams (Mg, K, Ca...) tend to give me problems. The worst for me is Magnesium, in any form, transdermal included.

I ended up buying a good trace mineral supplement (such as PicMins by Thorne) and then I experimented with single supplements of Mg, K, Ca etc... and I usually avoid iron and iodine.

For hypersensitive people products with tons of ingredients are more likely to cause issues, but it's very hard to know which are the offending ingredients.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@PeterPositive i was looking at the pic mins the other day and it doesn't say if the selenium is yeast based or not. I'm guessing yes since it didn't say otherwise.

I use Life Extension Only Trace Minerals. It does not have selenium.

I had to try each ingredient individually to figure out what I could and could not take.