• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Amino Acids Test Results

I just got my amino test results back. My glycine is 535 and the range is 122-322. I also have elevated Beta Amino Isobutyric Acid (4 and should be less than 3), Phenylalanine (90 and should be <74), and Ornithine (110 should be <83). My GP ran the tests because I asked her to, but she doesn't know how to interpret them so I ran the results by the endocrinologist I've seen and he said HE didn't know how to interpret them and I should ask the doctor who ran the tests. Maybe I hurt his feelings? Anyway, does anyone know the proper doctor for interpreting amino acid results?

Thanks!

Thinktank

You have to see a ND (natural doctor) for that, a conventional doctor will have no clue on how to interpret your results.

I like the ones who practice "functional medicine".

Tammy

There is a Dr. Dennis Gersten who I've had phone consultations with regarding my AA results. He created an amino acid web site (www.aminoacidpower.com). Don't know if he is still in practice. He had CFS and was helped greatly form AA therapy.

Tammy

I just looked back at my AA results and there is a commentary that addresses results out of range.........I guess there wasn't one with your results?