• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Phenibut from Bulk Powders And RU486 mifepristone

So two questions. Has anyone tried Phenibut from Bulk Powders? Is it any good? Apparently people talk well about liftmode phenibut...
Is it really as addictive as people make it sound? Over at FTPO groups in facebook, i see lots of people taking it daily ?!

And another question: has anyone tried an accute dosage of mifepristone to reset the HPA axis for good? Is this dangerous?

Resets hpa with a few pills and effects stick around afterwards. I think it is resetting receptors/signaling in hypothalamus and is healing, not treating.

Do you believe in a 7 day fix for psychotic depression?
https://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/divisions/pharmaco/rounds/snyder02-10-12.pdf

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/drt/2012/393251/
Mifepristone was associated with significant improvements in total CAPS-2 score. At one-month follow-up, all four veterans in the mifepristone group and one of four veterans in the placebo group achieved clinical response; three of four veterans in the mifepristone group and one of four veterans in the mifepristone group remitted. Mifepristone treatment was associated with acute increases in cortisol and ACTH levels and decreases in cytosolic glucocorticoid receptor number in lymphocytes. Conclusions. Further controlled trials of the effects of mifepristone and their durability are indicated in PTSD. If effective, a short-term pharmacological treatment in PTSD could have myriad uses.

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/64289-mifepristone-for-depression-hpa-axis-dysfunction/

I feel like I am completely over my 3-year season of lethargy and wasting. I rely on nothing to keep me going now. Before Mifepristone, I used to use Piracetam, NAC, and/or Alpha Lipoic Acid to get temporary relief. All were very good, but results were only temporary. I would force myself to go to the gym, work out, go for a 3-mile run, get good nutrition, and the wasting and lethargy persisted. My body didn't respond to anything I did, and all the lab results from my doctors showed my hormone levels at the lower end of the "normal range", so to them there was nothing wrong with me. I was incredibly sensitive to certain vitamins and minerals. I would easily overdose on a multivitamin, leaving me feeling sick and tired, leading me to believe my metabolism was incredibly low. Maybe others feel this too, but all the lethargy put me in a very negative, persistent mental state. Piracetam, NAC, and ALA alleviated negative ideation temporarily. Mifepristone definitely changed my mental state to something more positive, and did wonders for my energy level.

https://www.facebook.com/PtsdHope/posts/602887143112056
Researchers discovered that people with psychotic depression, and other types of mental and physical illnesses, have a problem with their HPA-Axis, specifically the hypothalamus. in the study i was in, researchers put us through a battery of tests that proved 1) people with psychotic depression had very high cortisol levels in blood and brain and 2) that short term treatment with Mifepristone corrected the release of Cortisol, and 3) short term treatment with Mifepristone resolved all of our psychotic and depressive symptoms by treating the CAUSE of them rather than blunting the symptoms with other psychotropic drugs .

Cortisol is the stress hormone in our bodies...it is very important for survival but when the hypothalamus is not working right, it releases far too much cortisol and progesterone. this causes a multitude of diseases. when they gave the study participants Mifepristone, our cognitive test results soared, functional MRIs proved that cortisol was no longer drowning our brains and as a result our sickness was HEALED...not just TREATED....in 4-5 days of taking the medication.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Phenibut is sedating and tolerance occurs quickly . I think I have read about using it once every 5 days?? Helps avoid tolerance and addiction .

Ru486 i recall can increase nk function. This is one mechanism of it causing spontaneous abortions . Haven't heard very much at all about it being used in cfs. Maybe cost is a factor.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Its a one time thing. Would be costly but just once.

I only heard of it for ptsd. There is a phase II trial going on.

I could be wrong but i remember many years ago bodybuilders looking into it as it lowers cortisol and can improve their anabolic ratio.

Not sure if lowering cortisol in cfs would be a good thing as many are already low. I think it effects several mechanisms ? ?

I could be wrong but i remember many years ago bodybuilders looking into it as it lowers cortisol and can improve their anabolic ratio.

Not sure if lowering cortisol in cfs would be a good thing as many are already low. I think it effects several mechanisms ? ?
Yes and i think its still.used.

Apparently it affects also mineralcorticoids.
I think it is working.as well for low cortisol profiles?
Im curious about it, i will research some more. Up until now i didnt find many brave people who tried it and wrote back.

I guess phenibut is just like a benzo.

Anyway, do you know if the one from bulkpowders.co.uk is any good?

renerdrat

Every teardrop is a waterfall
So two questions. Has anyone tried Phenibut from Bulk Powders? Is it any good? Apparently people talk well about liftmode phenibut...
Is it really as addictive as people make it sound? Over at FTPO groups in facebook, i see lots of people taking it daily ?!

And another question: has anyone tried an accute dosage of mifepristone to reset the HPA axis for good? Is this dangerous?

Resets hpa with a few pills and effects stick around afterwards. I think it is resetting receptors/signaling in hypothalamus and is healing, not treating.

https://www.utexas.edu/pharmacy/divisions/pharmaco/rounds/snyder02-10-12.pdf

http://www.hindawi.com/journals/drt/2012/393251/

http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/64289-mifepristone-for-depression-hpa-axis-dysfunction/

https://www.facebook.com/PtsdHope/posts/602887143112056

interesting seeing this here, and that link... I post on that site and thread frequently hah. I bought 10g of mifepristone, i tried it, it didn't help me personally, but I do think it has potential for sure. I used one of the verrified sellers on this site: http://manufacturer.ec21.com/mifepristone.html

Hip

I bought 10g of mifepristone, i tried it, it didn't help me personally, but I do think it has potential for sure. I used one of the verrified sellers on this site: http://manufacturer.ec21.com/mifepristone.html

May I ask, did you have to say that you were a company rather than an individual in order to buy mifepristone powder via this ec21.com website that lists wholesale manufacturers?

I have in the past bought from such wholesale manufacturers in China, but I had to say I was a trading company, because the wholesaler did not do business with individuals.

Last edited:

renerdrat

Every teardrop is a waterfall
May I ask, did you have to say that you were a company rather than an individual in order to buy mifepristone powder via this ec21.com website that lists wholesale manufacturers?

I have in the past bought from such wholesale manufacturers in China, but I had to say I was a trading company, because the wholesaler did not do business with individuals.
um I honestly don't remember, I think I put some company I "represented" but didnt' even think about presenting myself like I was a company and not an individual. I could give you the person that I bought from if interetesed.

Hip

um I honestly don't remember, I think I put some company I "represented" but didnt' even think about presenting myself like I was a company and not an individual. I could give you the person that I bought from if interetesed.

Thanks renerdrat.

I have actually now contacted four different people from ec21.com who are selling mifepristone powder in small 10 gram amounts, and most of them replied within 24 hours, offering 10 grams for prices ranging from $45 to $80. Though these suppliers were asking quite a lot for courier shipping, around $60. I am going to ask them if they can send by regular mail, which should be much cheaper.

panckage

@xptriado the liftmode phenibut should be fine. I would recommend looking at the recommended (haha) vendors on https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/ for this. Apparently all the powders come from China. The difference is that the recommended vendors test the powders they purchase to make sure they are what they claim they are. They will email customers and publicly announce any powder they have that has issues with it

@Hip from what I have read just tell them that you are a company and need a sample. Most will be happy to sell a smaller amount

Last edited:

Hip

@Hip did you ever end up trying mifepristone?

No I didn't, but I am pleased your reminded me of this drug, as I would still like to try it.

The trouble is trying find an inexpensive source: even the cheap overseas pharmacies in India etc sell mifepristone at around $100 for just one 200 mg pill.

If you look at this study in which mifepristone (RU 486) was used to treat major depression, they used a dose of 200 mg daily for up to eight weeks. That would make a course of mifepristone experiment incredibly expensive, in the order of $5000.

Another study using mifepristone for psychotic major depression used an even higher dose of 600 to 1,200 mg, but just for 7 days.

And a similar study for psychotic major depression used 600 mg of mifepristone daily for just four days, which resulted in substantial improvement in both depression and psychosis; this study commented that by abruptly blocking the glucocorticoid type II receptors, mifepristone
may cause a “resetting” of the HPA axis. Cortisol levels rise when mifepristone is taken because the feedback mechanism is partially disrupted, however, normal cortisol rhythm returns and seems to remain intact after mifepristone is discontinued. Short-term use of mifepristone may prove to be its most effective regimen.
So it looks like a short 4 day course of mifepristone at 600 mg daily can achieve this HPA axis reset, which may have long term benefits.

The above study says that mifepristone is a glucocorticoid type II receptor antagonist, but has very little effect on type I receptors.

Rash was a common side effect with mifepristone use (see the section entitled "Side effects of chronic mifepristone administration" in this paper). But if you are only taking mifepristone for 4 days, that hopefully may be too short a time for the rash to manifest.

Looking on www.ec21.com, there are still many people selling mifepristone powder, so that seems like a viable source of inexpensive mifepristone.

Last edited:

drob31

No I didn't, but I am pleased your reminded me of this drug, as I would still like to try it.

The trouble is trying find an inexpensive source: even the cheap overseas pharmacies in India etc sell mifepristone at around $100 for just one 200 mg pill.

If you look at this study in which mifepristone (RU 486) was used to treat major depression, they used a dose of 200 mg daily for up to eight weeks. That would make a course of mifepristone experiment incredibly expensive, in the order of $5000.

Another study using mifepristone for psychotic major depression used an even higher dose of 600 to 1,200 mg, but just for 7 days.

And a similar study for psychotic major depression used 600 mg of mifepristone daily for just four days, which resulted in substantial improvement in both depression and psychosis; this study commented that by abruptly blocking the glucocorticoid type II receptors, mifepristone

So it looks like a short 4 day course of mifepristone at 600 mg daily can achieve this HPA axis reset, which may have long term benefits.

The above study says that mifepristone is a glucocorticoid type II receptor antagonist, but has very little effect on type I receptors.

Rash was a common side effect with mifepristone use (see the section entitled "Side effects of chronic mifepristone administration" in this paper). But if you are only taking mifepristone for 4 days, that hopefully may be too short a time for the rash to manifest.

Looking on www.ec21.com, there are still many people selling mifepristone powder, so that seems like a viable source of inexpensive mifepristone.

HPA-axis reset dose would be $1200.

It's allot, but I may give it a shot. 600 mg a day.

drob31

Thanks renerdrat.

I have actually now contacted four different people from ec21.com who are selling mifepristone powder in small 10 gram amounts, and most of them replied within 24 hours, offering 10 grams for prices ranging from $45 to $80. Though these suppliers were asking quite a lot for courier shipping, around $60. I am going to ask them if they can send by regular mail, which should be much cheaper.

Do you know how one would measure this?

Hip

Do you know how one would measure this?

Well, there are these handy little devices called weighing scales...

If you want a good digital weighing scale that weights down to just 1 mg (0.001 g), these can be bought from as little as $10. See here. I've got one of these, and they are perfect for measuring small doses.

Or a more simple approximate way of measuring out small doses of powder is taking a supplement you have that comes in capsules, pulling open and emptying the capsule, and then filling it with your power that you want to measure. The amount of powder you can fit into the capsule will be roughly the same as the capsule's dose as stated on the supplement jar.

Last edited: