• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Disabled and Chronically Ill Americans to Occupy the United States Dept. of Justice (USDOJ)

Nielk

PRESS RELEASE - IMMEDIATE
Disabled and Chronically Ill Americans to Occupy the United States Dept. of Justice (USDOJ) from June 1, 2015 to July 4, 2015 in Washington, D.C.

Groups of chronically disabled patients, victims of medical abuse, will be assembling for a peaceful but passionate protest on the steps of USDOJ, 950 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington, DC 20530, from June 1 until July 4.

They are charging the USDOJ with failure to act on a whistleblower’s complaint accusing of research fraud and falsification of information for personal financial benefit as outlined below. Facts sheets reveal rampant fraud and racketeering within the CDC and private entities.

The Occupy leaders state in their criminal charge sheets that there is a common disease mechanism linking Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME), Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), Lyme Disease, Gulf War Illness, Fibromyalgia and Autism. Exposing this mechanism reveals rampant fraud and racketeering within the CDC and other entities, as well as the cause of the autism pandemic.

Through a massive compilation of published scientific research and public-record documents, a group known as the Society for Advancement of Scientific Hermeneutics (SASH), makes a convincing case for these illnesses sharing a common mechanism of fungal-induced immunosuppression, known to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as "Post-Sepsis Syndrome." They report that such immunosuppression leads to the chronic reactivation in the central nervous system of multiple viruses such as Epstein-Barr Virus (EBV), Cytomegalovirus (CMV) and HHV-6, leading to cancers and an AIDS-like disease. SASH further shares evidence that the interaction of fungi with attenuated viruses in vaccine vials causes the reactivation of those viruses and ultimately, the diseases they are meant to prevent.

The group's primary charge centers on the USDOJ's failure to take action on a whistleblower complaint that was filed in July 2003 by Kathleen Dickson, a former analytical chemist at pharmaceutical giant Pfizer. Her complaint alleged that CDC officers, Yale University medical faculty and others committed research fraud to falsify the current, Dearborn case definition (2-tiered) in order to falsify the outcomes of the OspA vaccines, namely LYMErix, which was pulled from the market after an FDA ultimatum to the manufacturer.

Ms. Dickson's complaint further alleged that the very same government employees who committed these crimes stood to gain substantial financial rewards from a monopoly on all tick-borne diseases, vaccines and test kits. Additionally, their falsification of the Lyme disease case definition and treatment guidelines have left 85% of actual Lyme sufferers unable to obtain diagnosis, treatment, or insurance coverage for their AIDS and cancer-like illness.

An abundance of scientific and historical evidence is presented in the charge sheets. Many of the citations refer to the alleged criminals' own peer-reviewed, published research papers and patent documents, which paint a chilling picture of the extreme effort that SASH says has been made by the alleged criminals to deny basic healthcare to an estimated 30 million sufferers in the United States. They say that the extent of deceit and corruption, with intent to deny an illness, goes far beyond anything that occurred in the early days of AIDS activism.

The group is calling on USDOJ to prosecute for the fraud and racketeering charges.

These criminal acts have left millions of people to suffer in isolation while being ridiculed by doctors, family members and employers as psychosomatic or lazy. The victims, often bankrupted by the high cost of out-of-pocket medical expenses, and unable to work due to illness, and many suffering with such unmanageable severe pain; frequently commit suicide to escape their continuous denial of basic human rights and lack of basic care and pain management.

For additional information and to view the charge sheets, visit ohioactionlyme.org.

May 12.org is endorsing this protest, and is dedicated to raising awareness of complex immunological diseases such as Myalgic Encephalomyelitis, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) and Chronic Lyme disease. E-mail: info@may12.org

Contact Person: Joni Comstock phone number: 515.209.9495

The Complete Fact Sheets: https://badlymeattitude.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/chargescomplete.pdf
Facebook Page- Prosecute the CDC and IDSA: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prosecute-The-CDC-IDSA/864170826961023?fref=nf
Blog - Good or Evil? You Choose: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Prosecute-The-CDC-IDSA/864170826961023?fref=nf

Antares in NYC

This needs more publicity. It's stunning that people have known about the rampant corruption at the CDC for over a decade, and nothing has been done about it. I want to see these people getting the same treatment that FIFA officials just got. They don't deserve any less, since their greedy dealings had a terrible toll in unnecessary human suffering. Their actions had the direct repercussion of keeping us sick. As long as those corrupt officials remain in their posts, profiting from our misery, we will remain ill. Keep that in mind.

PS: I agree with @Valentijn ; it's a pity that this group is latching to a fringe theory, because that could discredit the legitimate prosecution of those corrupt officials. Something needs to be done about the unethical collusion that has prevented solutions for our illnesses, but we need sound research behind any claims linking all those illnesses into one single cause. The last thing we need is to give any reasons to those people to discredit anyone with ME/CFS or Lyme as "lunatics".

Last edited:

jimells

I'm shocked, shocked to think there is corruption going on here...

Just like I'm shocked that FIFA officials are finally being prosecuted after *decades* of well-known corrupt practices. Apparently they are now in the dock because Uncle Sam wants revenge for losing a bid to host the world cup. Until that happened, everyone in power just looked the other way.

I wonder what similar event would finally get the attention of US prosecutors to look at the fraud around this illness. I expect nothing will happen until some Very Important Person's ox is gored...

Antares in NYC

Considering how quickly the number of ME/CFS and Lyme patients has been increasing, I would say that a lot of critical mass is accruing. Not just from the patients themselves, but their relatives and friends that have seen the devastation that these illnesses cause first hand.

I think they could get away with their shady and corrupt practices a couple of decades ago; now we are talking millions of people affected in the USA alone. And under their watch Lyme has become epidemic. They have some 'splainin' to do...

Last edited:

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
It sounded good until they zeroed in on a specific fringe pet theory of a common causation for the diseases. Now it just sounds like something that anyone reputable would disassociate themselves from.
That fungal-induced immunosuppression hypothesis is totally over my head but it's intriguing that they equate it with post sepsis syndrome.
Through a massive compilation of published scientific research and public-record documents, a group known as the Society for Advancement of Scientific Hermeneutics (SASH), makes a convincing case for these illnesses sharing a common mechanism of fungal-induced immunosuppression, known to the National Institutes of Health (NIH) as "Post-Sepsis Syndrome."
Sepsis and systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) have a similar pathophysiology but different aetiologies. So I'm guessing that there must also be an association between SIRS and post sepsis syndrome.

In a recent CDC PCOCA conference call, Jose Montoya said that the correlation of messenger RNA gene expression data in SIRS and ME/CFS was 100%: I'm more interested than ever to see where he goes with this.