• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

SAM-e.... co-factors to help maintain efficacy?

ebethc

I've had some luck taking SAM-e... It helps my constant joint pain/stiffness, and my foggy thinking.. However, it seems to fizzle out. Is there a co-factor that I can take to help maintain the efficacy?

BTW - this acetylcholine path seems key for me... (maybe because of the BHMT probs??), so maybe there's a co-factor on the SAM-e pathway that I should take that's BETTER than SAM-e, so I'm open to that, too. I've tried a lot already, but it's a matter of taking the right supps at the right time..

cman89

I've had some luck taking SAM-e... It helps my constant joint pain/stiffness, and my foggy thinking.. However, it seems to fizzle out. Is there a co-factor that I can take to help maintain the efficacy?

BTW - this acetylcholine path seems key for me... (maybe because of the BHMT probs??), so maybe there's a co-factor on the SAM-e pathway that I should take that's BETTER than SAM-e, so I'm open to that, too. I've tried a lot already, but it's a matter of taking the right supps at the right time..
Do you take b12? If you dont, it is involved in processes that utilize samE and can have some positive effects in the samE pathway.

xena

not sure what the acetylcholine path is but if you are trying to increase acetylcholine levels you could try alpha GPC or citicoline?

see these:

http://www.mindnutrition.com/articles/alpha-gpc-vs-cdp-choline-whats-the-difference

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/favorite-choline.35930/page-2