• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Enbrel-reaction two weeks after taking.

Misfit Toy

I had a shot of Enbrel two weeks ago on Tuesday. The past couple days I've been feeling absolutely awful. I've been itching all over, unable to sleep and having chills or overly hot. Last night, after another night of not sleeping and itching from head to toe I woke up this morning with a huge welt on my leg where the shot was given of Enbrel.

I had to call the rheumatologist. Now on prednisone. She said she never heard of a delayed reaction after two weeks. I swear to God I am the weirdest person that exists when it comes to medications and my body.

I quit. I've been in bed this whole weekend, itching from head to toe. I'm to stop Enbrel.

There really are no other treatments for SS after this other than methotrexate, which I will not do.
IMG_3554.jpg

Kati

Patient in training
:( Sorry to hear @Misfit Toy. How frustrating. :ill: Hopefully Prednisone will give you a hand with the itchiness and rash.