• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

zinc switched the lights back on

aquariusgirl

hi all, I recently discovered after 20 years of chronic fatigue that zinc switched the lights back on and got rid of that horrible disconnected/ no juice feeling in my brain.

When I add b vits, lithium, b12 on top of that..i seem to detox like crazy.... Is the zinc thing a clue I should pursue..does it mean KPU or metals....or should I just get on with things ...keep supplementing the zinc and everything else?

Also, it has helped enormously with mood. It evens me out.

Another clue is that I did anju usman's biofilm protocol and dumped a lot of copper.

I have chronic ebv and am very toxic. thank you.

Last edited:

picante

Not that I have any answers, but I'm curious: How much zinc are you taking?

I've just upped mine to twice a day on the theory that I need to balance out all that potassium I'm taking. I read this: http://www.acu-cell.com/znk.html

It was the part about sciatic pain switching sides when the Zn-K balance reverses. That intrigued me. So one morning around 3:00 am when my neck spasm was on the left side, I took Zn instead of K, and it switched to the right side by 6:00.

(I also have high EBV load and 22 years of CFS.)

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Zinc supps made me so anxious. I think they caused a huge copper dump.

Not sure how much is too much, so I am sticking to beef, lamb and pumpkin seeds.

aquariusgirl

only doing 50mg......I seemed to get copper dumping at a lower dose....but maybe that was just starting out ....who knows?

ahmo

I got seriouws with zinc when I found out by questionnaire that I qualified for HPU. At the same time I added P5P, molybdenum, manganese. My mental state improved dramatically. Dietrich Klinghardt in his vid re Autism, Pyroluria and Lyme talks about how toxic metals occupy zinc receptors. My initial measures to deal with these metals included using higher than normal zinc. I can't remember the amount, I believe about 200mg/day, 1/2 AM/PM. I used a number of other things as well, including chlorella, fulvic/humic, clay. I experienced incremental changes, including one day when the residual holding from a frozen shoulder disappeared.

After about a year I had a major, MAJOR elimination. Immediately after, my body wanted a huge quantity of zinc. I do all my dosing by self-testing. I had a whole handful of zinc capsules that I dumped into my footbath. Since that time it generally only wants 50mg zinc/day. When I'm detoxxing it might want 50-100mg more than that, but I've never had any response like that. It absolutely felt like I'd dumped toxins out of the zinc receptors, and replaced them with what should have been there.

PeterPositive

hi all, I recently discovered after 20 years of chronic fatigue that zinc switched the lights back on and got rid of that horrible disconnected/ no juice feeling in my brain.

If you want to investigate more you could test HPL (mauve factor) and see if you have pyroluria.
It's a urine test and it's affordable, around 40-50 bucks.

cheers

Wayne

zinc switched the lights back on and got rid of that horrible disconnected/ no juice feeling in my brain.

@aquariusgirl, very interesting to see the title of this thread. After my chiropractor muscle tested me for a zinc deficiency, I switched from zinc glyconate to zinc picolinate a week ago, and am experiencing a similar feeling in my brain. My energy levels have increased as well, and have actually been able to do a few hours of light spring cleaning the past couple of days [first time in many months I've been able to exert myself to this extent]. Not sure it's the zinc, but I think there's a good chance that it is. -- Will post again when I get a better feel for things.

Wayne

It absolutely felt like I'd dumped toxins out of the zinc receptors, and replaced them with what should have been there.

@ahmo, thanks for your post. I especially found your comments about zinc receptors having zinc again. I'm currently suspecting that supplementing with zinc picolinate might be improving my immune system function, and thus my noticeable improvements. Have you by any chance considered that? -- Thanks...

ahmo

Hi @Wayne I'm not aware of any particular shifts in immune system from the zinc picolinate. However, Ive just entered a blog post re some recent shifts in autoimmunity. First, my fungus/SIBO/protyolytic regimen from beginning of year enabled me to resume seeds and nuts that I'd removed as autoimmune stimulators. And now, FMN form of B2 has dramatically affected my histamine/mast cell response.:)

jason30

Today's about the 3rd day in a row I haven't used any of my antihistamine or mast cell supplements. :jaw-drop: I've also significantly reduced my antioxidant needs. Yes, in a positive way.:thumbsup:

Good to hear Ahmo!
Is that because of the FAD/NAD enzymes as stated in the review of this product? Which B2 supp do you use?

Misfit Toy

How do you know if you are dumping copper? Do you test for this weekly? The balancing act of minerals and vitamins seems so draining. I would love to try it but how do you know you aren't throwing everything off kilt?

When someone says they're dumping copper, does that mean that you're actually testing to know this or you're guessing?

Wayne

It absolutely felt like I'd dumped toxins out of the zinc receptors, and replaced them with what should have been there.

Hi @ahmo,

I've been reading Bryan Rosner's book, "Freedom from Lyme Disease: New Treatments for a Complete Recovery". In it he has a chapter entitled, "The KPU Protocol and Heavy Metal Detoxification". He describes in detail what happens when zinc binding sites that have taken over by heavy metals, and are subsequently knocked out of these sites by zinc supplementation.

I think you would find it a fascinating read, which you can do online by going to Amazon. Just click on the link above, which will take you to Amazon. Then click on the image of the book on the left side. Then go to Chapter nine. I'll be interested in your take on it if you give it a read.

Last edited:

Wayne

Zinc supps made me so anxious. I think they caused a huge copper dump.

You may want to check out the chapter I referenced on "KPU protocol and heavy metal detoxification" which can be read on Amazon. Zinc supplementation can apparently cause a major heavy metal dump as they're released from the zinc binding sites, and can cause very severe symptoms, most likely including anxiety.

In that chapter, Rosner references a doctor who noticed for years that the autistic patients he saw were almost always severely deficient in zinc. But when he supplemented with zinc, their symptoms became worse. After he learned how he was initiating a major heavy metal dump in his patients, he was able to figure out how to avoid those reactions.

Apparently a very large percentage of chronic health conditions, including autism and Lyme, are affected by heavy metals having taken over zinc binding sites. The KPU protocol as outlined in this book is to help navigate the rather treacherous undertaking of replacing heavy metals with zinc. It sounds like when much of that zinc is restored, it can have extraordinary benefits to the immune system, which relies so heavily it.

Last edited: