• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PWME: After 2+ weeks, what has been your experience with C. Butyricum (Miyarisan)?

After two weeks or more, what has been your experience with the probiotic C. Butyricum (Miyarisan) (

• better by 35% or more

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • better by 30%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • better by 25%

• better by 20%

• better by 15%

• better by 10%

• better by 5%

• no change

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • worse by 5%

• worse by 10%

• worse by 15%

• worse by 20%

• worse by 25%

• worse by 30%

• worse by 35% or more

• COULDN'T TOLERATE IT

• Total voters

Sasha

Fine, thank you
If 0% is dead and 100% is cured, how many percentage points have you moved up or down the scale? For example, if you started at 30% and moved up to 35%, you would answer 'better by 5%'. If you started at 50% and you're now at 40%, you'd answer 'worse by 10%'.

The poll is only for people with ME who have used C. Butyricum for more than two weeks.

If you haven't got to two weeks yet, please complete the poll when you do!

If you'd also like to post below to give your experience with C. Butyricum, that would be great. Please state:

1. What dose you've been on

2. How long you've been on it

3. Which symptoms have improved

4. Whether you had ill-effects at first.

5. Overall, what % function did you start off with and where are you now?

Quite a few of us have been trying this - I'll get together a list and tag people.

Last edited:

Sasha

Fine, thank you
I hope people who have said on the RS and CB thread that they're trying or were about to try this will mind me tagging them in batches: @mariovitali, @South, @wendyh, @bertiedog, @madietodd, @Martial,

I realise that some of you guys probably haven't received your Miyarisan yet and some of you I'm including just because you've been asking some questions that sound like 'I'm about to order it' questions - but I'd rather be inclusive at this point - it's important not to leave people out when doing this kind of survey and in a few weeks you might want to take part. :cool:

Hip

@Sasha
If I remember correctly, you can only tag up to 5 people (or is it 10?) in one post, so the rest will be ignored by the system.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Sorry, guys - I'm tagging people who have said that they have tried C. Butyricum or have ordered it or are about to try it so that we can get some good data on how well people are doing on it. For this kind of survey, it's important not to leave people out so I may be a bit premature with some of you!

But if you haven't done two weeks yet, please come back later.

I'm sorry if I've tagged you twice - I thought you could tag 10 people in a single post but apparently it's probably 5. And I don't know if it's the first or last five. :oops:

@adreno, @anne_likes_red, @Sidereal, @Asklipia, @Vegas...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Sorry, guys - I'm tagging people who have said that they have tried C. Butyricum or have ordered it or are about to try it so that we can get some good data on how well people are doing on it. For this kind of survey, it's important not to leave people out so I may be a bit premature with some of you!

I'm sorry if I've tagged you twice - I thought you could tag 10 people in a single post but apparently it's probably 5. And I don't know if it's the first or last five. :oops:

@Rand56, @JPV, @nandixon, @whodathunkit, @Sleeping Beauty...

Sasha

Fine, thank you

@Hip, @Gondwanaland, @Sushi, @Scarecrow, @Thinktank...

Sasha

Fine, thank you

@zzz, @alicec, @Mels, @South, @snowathlete...

Sasha

Fine, thank you

@mariovitali, @South, @wendyh, @bertiedog...

Sasha

Fine, thank you

@madietodd, @Martial...

Hip

Is two weeks a long enough time to for any benefits of Clostridium butyricum to manifest? It might be worth asking @adreno, who did very well on Clostridium butyricum, how long it took before he started to notice the first improvements.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Is two weeks a long enough time to for any benefits of Clostridium butyricum to manifest? It might be worth asking @adreno, who did very well on Clostridium butyricum, how long it took before he started to notice the first improvements.

That was my impression - with better poll software I'd rather be asking multi-stage questions (how long? what change? etc.) but XenForo doesn't seem to have that.

Sasha

Fine, thank you

In fact, I'm on Day Five and having felt like crap for the first four days (especially yesterday, when I lay down for a total of six hours) I decided to postpone today's dose until this evening and so far I've only needed to lie down for half an hour, which is pretty damn good by my standards.

I took two tabs for each of the first three days and one tab yesterday. I'm hoping to sleep through any crappy effects by taking my dose this evening.