• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Mucosal-Associated Invariant T Cell Is a Potential Marker to Distinguish Fibromyalgia Syndrome from

osisposis

it seems this may also be a factor in having reactive airways,lungs and throat closing up with exposure to certain things, I'm ill from water damaged building exposure, to me FM and MCS and in it's severity immediate reactions in the brain for some with exposures to several things, VOC's being a big one, but even things that are basicly harmless but still cause a reaction, MAIT points to complement and the innate immune system. FM is to me the most horriable thing to deal with still after 14 years having it. this possably explains why nothing really helps. does anyone have severe FM but doesn't have MCS?

osisposis

it seems this may also be a factor in having reactive airways,lungs and throat closing up with exposure to certain things, I'm ill from water damaged building exposure, to me FM and MCS and in it's severity immediate reactions in the brain for some with exposures to several things, VOC's being a big one, but even things that are basicly harmless but still cause a reaction, MAIT points to complement and the innate immune system. FM is to me the most horriable thing to deal with still after 14 years having it. this possably explains why nothing really helps. does anyone have severe FM but doesn't have MCS?

it also seems that this may seperate people who have been made ill from inhalation exposures from others with CFS/SEIDS that are ill from other causes, this is horrable pain to live with, this needs just as much attn. as CFS

osisposis

the stomach is included , I can have a exposure and have a reaction in my stomach as well, everything we breath we also eat, you can look at it like that. and it would be IgG mediated as well that's why I used the term MCS aka both IgE and IgG, allergic and non-allergic hypersensitivities, and inflammatory bowels can be a problem too and that can also lead to brain inflammation witch if you have immediate responces to the brain that would be from the sinus/brain route while the gut to brain would be a somewhat more delayed process of reaction in the brain, and a chronic exposure can damage both the BBB and more directly the sinus to brain route. MAIT points to complement and innate immunity, so no, not just IgE and truely IgE may not factor in until the break down in the innate immune system because if your innate immune system is dysfunctional than that is going to also cause the aquired immune system to become dysfunctional. that's not to say that with exposures like water damaged buildings/moldy homes that the IgE mediated effects are not adding to the harm because it would. our mucosal system does alot of work to protect us even with low dose chronic exposures but dose does matter and if it's bad and overwhelms the immune system and damage accures than thats where chronic exposures causing symptoms become disease and not just symptoms of exposure any more. your not going to get well in 3 years with all this going on, it's long term.

GONZ0hunter

hmm, I get T cell replacement therapy for selective IGE sc3 difficincy.

It caused chronic sinus infection supposdley a bad candida infection in my stomach.

I'm not sure I buy the leaky gut thing