• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Natural nail polish

taniaaust1

I didn't know this was available at all but came across it the other day while looking for something else I was needing on ebay. So thought I'd like to share this.

I brought some on ebay for less then $2 (it included postage) (they have a range of 60 colours to choose from http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/60-Color...=LH_DefaultDomain_15&var=&hash=item5d5721c362 ) and to my surprise (being natural and water based I was thinking it would wash off) but it actually works (I used 2-3 coats). Well I've only had it on my nails for 24 hrs and its still working but on one nail it is just starting to peel.

Its peelable so you don't have to use that chemical nail polish remover that if you are like me, makes me dizzy.

I got myself some of those water nail transfers, if you bid on some on ebay you may get them for a as little as only 40 cents and they worked well with the natural nail polish (you put clear polish over the top of the transfers).

Now that Ive found a natural nail polish. I think Im going to get into nail art :) I just need to find a natural glue for this kind of thing, I haven't done a search yet for one there but does anyone know of a natural glue for nail art they can recommend?

thanks.

(Im not connected to that company from China in any way so not trying to sell anything, just thought someone else may get as excited as I did to see products like this exist).

Wow. Peelable is nice too. It doesn't smell?

I bought a polish that was supposed to be environmentally friendly, low odor, natural, etc and the odor is way too strong for me, even after many hours of drying.

taniaaust1

It's got a tiny bit of a smell, I tasted it (couldn't help myself seeing they say tasteless, I bet most people do that seeing they say its tasteless lol).. it tastes very mild soap but not that strong tasting. It has that same little smell even now dried 24hrs later.. the scent don't change. (I guess nearly everything has a smell even cardboard and paper have smell).

Its got a powdery, soapy smell...Ive been trying to work out if its a chemical smell or not, it could be but I know Im not reacting to it and I react to heaps so maybe it is natural like they say.

Last edited:

Avena

Iherb.com has got quite a few brands of Water based nail polish and Natural oil based removers. I know an very sensitive severe ME sufferer that is able to use them. Safe for small Childrens as well.

belize44

I don't use nail polish anymore, but I think that it is great that there is a healthy alternative for those who do!