• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gupta/NLP/Lightning process

Bdeep86

I have been looking into some brain exercises for relaxtion to help calm down the brain. I am sort of going in circles has anyone tried the gupta program or NLP (lightning process).

Denise

I have been looking into some brain exercises for relaxtion to help calm down the brain. I am sort of going in circles has anyone tried the gupta program or NLP (lightning process).

You can search the site for other threads on either lightning process or gupta program.
I impagine that whether or not someone benefits from either of these may depend on what illness/condition they have.

"impagine" should be imagine (sorry about that)

Last edited:

Bdeep86

I'm asking just in general these two have come up i'm not even sure if these are the best routes or if others have found other programs. I believe my condition is heavily rooted in microglia over activation.

SOC

Hahah I take it this has been controversial.
Yep! ;)

Your best bet for more info is to search "lightning process" using the Google Site Search. This topic has been hashed to death here at PR. It's beaten and dead by the side of the road. Probably most of us are fed up talking about it, so you may not get a lot of conversation on this thread. Better to go read what's already been said a thousand times previously.

There's been less talk (although still a fair amount) about Gupta, so a search on that will also be informative.
I'm asking just in general these two have come up i'm not even sure if these are the best routes or if others have found other programs. I believe my condition is heavily rooted in microglia over activation.
I believe there's nothing in either of those processes that is going to have an impact on microglial activation. They may affect how you think about your illness, if that's what you're looking for.

WoolPippi

Gupta helped me very well, in just the way you mention: calming the brain. For me it's a neurochemical thing, a way to influence how the nervous system operates.

Perhaps you can look into my post history or something? I've explained it in previous threads.

Imo it's one of various ways to influence the brain function, others are neuropharmica (see dr. Jay Goldstein, HRT, drugs); EMDR; hypnosis; deep breathing; food (gut nerves); manipulating nerve ends (ostheopathy, acupuncture, ??) and -rumoured- CBT.
These are all controversial in their own way and I dread having to defend any of them. But these are ways to tinker under the hood of your skull.

Last edited:

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
Ok, I'll bite ;)

While I don't think any of these is likely to have a positive effect on ME, the lightning process is the one that really needs to be singled out.

The lightning process works like this:
-The process is a "secret" and you are not allowed to know how it works until you have ponied up the cash (though plenty of dissatisfied customers have spilled the beans on the internet at this point ).
-Before you are "allowed" access to the treatment they screen you to make sure you are a suitable candidate (not "too negative")
-During the process you are not allowed to discuss any issues with the process or express any doubts it will fail.
-you are not allowed tell anyone outside the program how it works.
- it only "works" if you believe in it really really hard, and if it fails it is your fault

If these steps sound familiar, they should, as they are the exact same steps used to indoctrinate people into cults:
http://michaelbluejay.com/x/how-cults-recruit.html

Real medical treatments don't require secrecy to function, and don't blame their failures on the patient.

ukxmrv

http://www.meassociation.org.uk/201...tion-on-phil-parker-group-ltd-22-august-2012/

This is from a complaint to the UK Advertising Standards body about the LP

"Because of that, we concluded that the CFS/ME page of the website was likely to mislead.

On this point, the website breached CAP Code (Edition 12) rules 3.1 (Misleading advertising), 3.7 (Substantiation) and 12.1 (Medicines, medical devices, health-related products and beauty products)."

and

"The claims on the website should not appear again in their current form. We told Phil Parker Group to ensure they did not make medical claims for the LP unless they were supported with robust evidence. We also told them not to refer to conditions for which advice should be sought from suitably qualified health professionals."

Last edited:

Bdeep86

OK I didn't realize this subject had been this vetted. I really appreciate everyone helping me to save time investigating. I was leaning towards not pursuing the lightning process at all as its completely undoable for me financially. Thanks for the responses.

barbc56

@ukxmrv

Thanks for the link. I've been looking for it a long time.

I was thinking there were some additional sanctions but I may be incorrect about that.

How in the world can there be testing by Crawley when this treatment is so controversial? Will she be/has been going strictly by his methods? Any updates on the study?

Barb