• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"worse" after Methylation/ b12 protocols

cman89

For those of you that have seemingly gotten worse with Methylation, in what way did you backslide, and how do you think it could be remedied if you were to try again? Any ideas? (If it helps, i'm neutral in my results with b12 and folate. sometimes better, sometimes not.)

PeterPositive

I don't know if this is of any help, but is the backslide due to B supplements? Or is it more the result of the "natural" rollercoaster of chronic issues?

I ask because multiple times I have had the feeling that certain remedies caused a backslide, but in reality it turned out they didn't.

Maybe it's just my experience but often times, not always, it is pretty difficult to discriminate if an improvement or a backslide was caused by a specific product or it's just the natural course of the illness.

Our minds are eager to find causal links between what we do and what happens but the variables often times are too many. That's part of the placebo problem too. Did I get better because I started taking product XYZ or could I have gotten better even without it?

Sure when you start something and it works (for good or bad) and the effects go away when you stop, multiple times, then there's little space for placebo.

Hope it makes sense. :)

cman89

I don't know if this is of any help, but is the backslide due to B supplements? Or is it more the result of the "natural" rollercoaster of chronic issues?

I ask because multiple times I have had the feeling that certain remedies caused a backslide, but in reality it turned out they didn't.

Maybe it's just my experience but often times, not always, it is pretty difficult to discriminate if an improvement or a backslide was caused by a specific product or it's just the natural course of the illness.

Our minds are eager to find causal links between what we do and what happens but the variables often times are too many. That's part of the placebo problem too. Did I get better because I started taking product XYZ or could I have gotten better even without it?

Sure when you start something and it works (for good or bad) and the effects go away when you stop, multiple times, then there's little space for placebo.

Hope it makes sense. :)
Totally. But I was wondering more along the lines of actual improvement. Like "I can now walk a mile when on b12" while before you could not type thing....

PeterPositive

I didn't have major backslides, but in general I noticed that B9 and B12 alone didn't help as much as taking also a basic B complex with them.

Mine is a bit high on B1 (50mg) / B2 (50mg) / B6 (30mg) / Biotin (5mg). Depending on how much energy I feel I take 1/2 dose or a full one.

cman89

I didn't have major backslides, but in general I noticed that B9 and B12 alone didn't help as much as taking also a basic B complex with them.

Mine is a bit high on B1 (50mg) / B2 (50mg) / B6 (30mg) / Biotin (5mg). Depending on how much energy I feel I take 1/2 dose or a full one.
I also notice far more effect when I take b complex as well.