• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NPR: Personalizing Cancer Treatment With Genetic Tests

ebethc

this podcast is soooo on the money.
1. It really parallels the problems w genetic testing that I've had and many others... the results are really not a "roadmap" at all - which what ppl thought it would be when the genome project starting spinning up in the 90s..
2 interesting idea re testing bad tissue vs good tissue, and THEN using genetic test results...

http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/201...er-treatment-with-genetic-tests-can-be-tricky

Valentijn

Some results can be a road map. But most results are a bunch of rocks along the side of the road along the way, only a few of which are likely to having anything underneath them, and with no way to guess which ones they are :p

Some conclusions can be reached using the right data, but getting too enthusiastic and drawing conclusions which aren't supported leads to a bunch of misunderstandings.

ebethc

Some results can be a road map. But most results are a bunch of rocks along the side of the road along the way, only a few of which are likely to having anything underneath them, and with no way to guess which ones they are :p

Some conclusions can be reached using the right data, but getting too enthusiastic and drawing conclusions which aren't supported leads to a bunch of misunderstandings.

@Valentijn - yes - that's really where I am, too, w genetic testing