• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Peptide T for XMRV

PWB

I think we couid possibly form a buyers club for Peptide T and get it a reduced price. There may be an AIDS organization already with one.

PWB

I contacted Rapid Pharma, which someone said is associates with Dr. Candace Pert, their reply is below:

RE: Peptide T availableMonday, March 8, 2010 12:55 AM
From: "Laznicka Michael" <MLaznicka@rapidpharma.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: "PWB" <palawoods@yahoo.com>Thank you for your email. Unfortunately we do not carry any Peptide T
for sale. We do only research and development at present.

Kind Regards, ML

Michael Laznicka
RAPID Pharmaceuticals AG
Rigistrasse 2
CH-6300 Zug
Switzerland
Tel: +41(41)711-9090
Fax: +41(41)711-9093
mlaznicka@rapidpharma.com
www.rapidpharma.com

PWB

Candace Pert on Peptide T and buyers club inactive peptide T problems

Here's a link for an interview of Candace Pert on Peptide T.

I noticed at the end of the article (from 2007) it said many Peptide T items were inactive

http://www.gayhealthblog.com/my-blo...il-in-relative-obscurity-candace-pert-ha.html

In your book, youve boldly called Peptide T a possible cure for HIV. But what exactly is Peptide T?

Peptide T is an experimental therapeutic treatment for HIV disease, which was actually invented over 20 years ago at the National Institutes of Health by my colleague Mike Ruff and I. Its shown to be non-toxic and able to reduce the viral burden both in plasma and in cells and has shown no toxicity in combination with various HAART regimens. A vaccine developed from it neutralizes against all strains of the virus and has already been tested by the NIH experts. Im extremely gratified by the fact that the development of the drug, which has long been delayed by the licensing practices of the NIH, is now moving forward into large scale clinical testing.

What specifically caused such a long delay?

I think Peptide T is very cutting edge stuffwhats often called a premature discovery. It was made many years ago, before people ever knew what receptors the virus used. Only within the last few years have we realized that the receptor which Peptide T blocks is CCR5, which turns out to be the most important receptor that the virus in humans beings uses to infect cells. So there were misinterpretations of our early data, which often happens when you make a big leap into uncharted territory. Weve worked a long time on this and we think were finally coming down the home stretch. There are sure to be plenty of skeptics out there. What would you say to them? I know in some ways this drug sounds too good to be true, but Im completely optimistic because the new breakthrough is the scientific data from the NIH, based on its own study. I think the clinicians will be very excitedthe new clinical data and published papers are available on The Institute for New Medicines website (www.TINM.org). But Im positive weve got something novel and helpfulall we have to do is put our heads together and reach out. Its gonna happen.

*Peptide T 'Buyers Club' Alert --As Peptide T gains media attention, sales of PT are starting to pop up online. Scientists have almost always found that "underground" drugs available through buyers clubs have no biological activity because the peptide is not formulated properly and becomes inactive almost immediately. Peptide T has been found to quickly become inactive and we have determined that lots of underground Peptide T does indeed suffer from this flaw. --Editors

*Original interview published on Jan. 30, 2007

Doogle

did someone say Peptide T is not FDA approved? Dr. Mikovits said in an email that it is approved...

There are basically a few levels of approval, one is for experimental testing use and one is for use and sale for an approved condition. I believe Peptide T has the former. It normally takes years of testing and review to go from one to the other.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
whoa, if it was shown to make ME better before and it is owned by drug company, also no side effects, then why isn't it already on the market and being sold as treatment for us? I mean, I know of all the bias, but a drug company don't care about bias, they care about customers for a product. And they will have a lot of customers in PWC.

My guess is that it has to do with the control that the Health Insurance Industry has over the Medical Industry. As long as they can force CFS/FM to be catagorized as a "Psychological" ilnesss... they don't have to pay for treatments.

We live on a sick and degenerate planet. One where the almighty dolar is more important that the well being of individuals. This mindset will only continue to get worse, not better, as time goes on. Don't expect any help whatsoever from from these people.

Patient Advocate - Ampligen Sunk

Alesh

I think the price is not the main problem. In the study it was mentioned that peptide T was administered intranasally. I think it is possible that the subcutaneous application can yield may be 50-100 times higher bioavailability. I think the main problem is that the usual providers like Sigma or Tocris sell only to registered labs. One would have to have a very good and sympathetic friend in such a lab. :worried:

leaves

Just bumping here, but this sounds really good!! Apparently not available in US right now eh?? hmm can I ask my European friends maybe?

Rrrr

I just called RAPID Laboratories, Inc. in the USA to ask some questions about XMRV and Peptide T and, to my happy surprise, Candace Pert herself answered the phone. She was very sympathetic to our situation (in terms of CFS) and is reading Osler's Web to learn more. What is important for this group discussing Peptide T to know -- before anyone goes running around trying to buy or make or take Peptide T -- is that, according to Candace, Peptide T may not even be the right peptide for XMRV. I think she was saying that there are other Peptides that might be more appropriate for XMRV, but that the studies have not been done. She stressed that the folks working on this (did she mean working on the use of Peptide T and XMRV or did she mean working on XMRV in general? I am not sure) are Frank and Sandra Ruscetti, the husband and wife team at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). And of course she mentioned Judy Mikovits as the one to contact re: XMRV studies in general.

Has anyone been in touch with either Judy Mikovits or the NCI Ruscetti researchers re: Peptides and XMRV? That may be the next step.

Candace was very nice and I am glad she is on our team.

Best,
Rrrr

julius

Watchoo lookin' at?
Wow, good work Rrr.

Sandi Ruscetti just put out a paper comparing a bunch of ARV's. So she is definitely looking at treatments.

Rrrr

I just emailed Sandra Ruscetti this email:

Hi Dr. Ruscetti,

Thank you for your research into XMRV. Many of us around the globe are holding our collective breath in hopes that XMRV will be found to be the cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), and that treatments will soon follow.

I am wondering if you are doing any studies re: XMRV that I can get into, or know of any studies I could try to get into?

Separately, I am wondering if you have looked into Peptide T, or Peptides in general, as a possible treatment for XMRV? I just got off the phone with Candace Pert who suggested you and Frank are the people to talk to about that. And earlier Judy Mikovits mentioned in a talk that a past study found Peptide T effective in treating CFS. Do you know, is anyone pursing that now?

Warmly,
Rrrr
CFS 20 years

Navid

I just called RAPID Laboratories, Inc. in the USA to ask some questions about XMRV and Peptide T and, to my happy surprise, Candace Pert herself answered the phone. She was very sympathetic to our situation (in terms of CFS) and is reading Osler's Web to learn more. What is important for this group discussing Peptide T to know -- before anyone goes running around trying to buy or make or take Peptide T -- is that, according to Candace, Peptide T may not even be the right peptide for XMRV. I think she was saying that there are other Peptides that might be more appropriate for XMRV, but that the studies have not been done. She stressed that the folks working on this (did she mean working on the use of Peptide T and XMRV or did she mean working on XMRV in general? I am not sure) are Frank and Sandra Ruscetti, the husband and wife team at the National Cancer Institute (NCI). And of course she mentioned Judy Mikovits as the one to contact re: XMRV studies in general.

Has anyone been in touch with either Judy Mikovits or the NCI Ruscetti researchers re: Peptides and XMRV? That may be the next step.

Candace was very nice and I am glad she is on our team.

Best,
Rrrr

I just emailed Sandra Ruscetti this email:

Hi Dr. Ruscetti,

Thank you for your research into XMRV. Many of us around the globe are holding our collective breath in hopes that XMRV will be found to be the cause of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS), and that treatments will soon follow.

I am wondering if you are doing any studies re: XMRV that I can get into, or know of any studies I could try to get into?

Separately, I am wondering if you have looked into Peptide T, or Peptides in general, as a possible treatment for XMRV? I just got off the phone with Candace Pert who suggested you and Frank are the people to talk to about that. And earlier Judy Mikovits mentioned in a talk that a past study found Peptide T effective in treating CFS. Do you know, is anyone pursing that now?

Warmly,
Rrrr
CFS 20 years

thank you Rrrrrrrrr.

THIS is the kind of stuff that makes this forum great!!!!!! The sleuthing and sharing of valuable info.

Warmest Regards, Lisa

Rrrr

yes, i agree, this is what makes this forum great. the action people manage to take in spite of this illness. (can i confess that this is all i have been able to do today? yup, just that. that is all! no more. ugh. now back to bed with me!) - Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Forebearance

Thank you SO MUCH for doing this and sharing the results with us, Rrrr!
I was just wishing for more information on what exactly is going on with this Peptide T stuff right now.

I want Peptide T to be FDA approved as soon as possible. I'm so wanting to try it. I can't stand it. I feel like begging someone to please hurry up with the trials. I feel like camping out on Rapid Laboratory's front steps and saying "Please, please, please!" to anyone who walks into the building.

Or alternately, I hope someone is trying to figure out if there is a more suitable peptide for treating XMRV. Peptides sound so hopeful for those of us who can't tolerate drugs well.

Sigh. The desperation.
Forebearance

leaves

I feel a bit stupid to ask; but what is a peptide?
And does taking it have side effects ? And why does it work for retroviruses?
anyone?:confused::confused::confused:

Forebearance

Hi leaves,
I think the answers to your questions are in this thread, and in the web pages it links to. I just re-read the whole thread recently so I could understand it better.
Forebearance

Rrrr

good news!!!

i emailed judy mikovits about peptides as a treatment for xmrv, asking if there would be some trials with it in the future. she wonderfully wrote back saying that Candace Pert (one of the "foremothers" of peptide T) is a colleague with whom she has worked before. Judy says that several doctors are interested in peptide t and "it is perfectly non toxic and likely could benefit some!!" and best of all, they hope to do a clinical trial with it.

and they hope to begin clinical trials as soon as they open the WPI building in sept.

"So short answer is we are already on it!!" she wrote.

rrrr