• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dairy free Boost or Ensure type drinks

Dr.Patient

There is no kinship like the one we share!
Hello, does anybody know of any dairy free drinks...boost and ensure both say they have milk protein. I'm looking for something in liquid form that does not need refrigeration. Thanks!

Dr.Patient

There is no kinship like the one we share!
I'm looking for something that is ready to drink, thank you!

CantThink

Can't Think...that's great. Have you ever tried it? It's expensive. I have also been wanting a drink like Ensure.

No, because it's not available here. Also I think I provably can't tolerate all the ingredients.

I've used powders - Raw Meal by Garden of Life and single serve sachets by Vega. Both taste plant based - I was not a fan myself. The Vega was easier to chug down. The raw meal tasted better when made with one scoop, a banana and coconut milk instead of almond or water. My sister is a vegan, so I gave her the raw meal and she LOVED it! She asked me to get her another for her birthday. She looked good on it.

I'm currently supplementing with baby food (especially fruit based ones) and milkshakes (as I can manage dairy). I'll start juicing again soon.