• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Maximol Solutions (b12) is this product....

Hello guys!

I have been advised to use this product by my Practitioner (not methylation but gut). It contains B12 and other things. Can you please check if the form of b12 is correct? Would this product be helpful for me or would it be better to avoid it?

http://www.purenewyou.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=165&products_id=226

Maximol Ingredients:

• Water
  • Fructose
  • Magnesium Gluconate
  • Blueberry Juice Concentrate
  • Citric Acid
  • Calcium Lactate
  • Raspberry Juice Concentrate
  • Calcium Gluconate
  • Beet Juice Powder
  • Ascorbic Acid
  • Flavouring: Natural Flavours Potassium Chloride
  • Inulin
  • High ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorption Capacity) Fruit Extracts: 0.13%
  • Preservative: Potassium Sorbate
  • Copper Gluconate
  • Ferrous Gluconate
  • Zinc Citrate
  • Nicotinamide
  • Sea Salt
  • Calcium D-pantothenate
  • Thiamin Hydrochloride
  • Manganese Sulphate
  • Pyridoxine Hydrochloride
  • Riboflavin
  • Chromium Chloride
  • Sodium Molybdate
  • Folic Acid
  • Sodium Selenite
  • Rice Protein Concentrate
  • Biotin
  • Cyanocobalamin
  • amino acid blend (L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine, L-alanine, L-arginine, L-aspartic acid, L-lysine, L-proline, L-serine, L-threonine, L-histidine, L-methionine, L-ornithine)

here's the product from the UK shop and the ingredients are different here

Ingredients
Water, blueberry juice from concentrate, raspberry juice from concentrate, sweetener: sucrose, calcium lactate, magnesium chloride, acidity regulator: hydrochloric acid, high ORAC fruit blend [grape seed extract (Vitis vinifera), and powders of strawberries (Fragaria virginiana), oranges (Citrussinensis), wild blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus)], berry flavour, inulin, potassium chloride, black carrot powder, amino acid blend (L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine, L-alanine, L-arginine, L-aspartic acid, L-lysine, L-proline, L-serine, L-threonine, L-histidine, L-methionine, L-ornithine), ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, preservative: sodium benzoate, biotin, niacinamide, copper gluconate, manganese chloride, sea salt, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, sodium molybdate, chromium (III) chloride, sodium selenate, potassium iodide.

ahmo

• Folic Acid
  • Sodium Selenite
  • Rice Protein Concentrate
  • Cyanocobalamin
You don't want folic acid. And selenite form of selenium is not helpful, same with cyan form of B12: cyanide. Rice protein could be a problem if you're gluten intolerant, as rice is gluten cross-reactive.

Critterina

@LivingwithFibro ,
Each of us is different, so answering your question in a vacuum isn't so easy to do. If you're like @ahmo , above, with the MTHFR C677T SNP, folic acid is to be avoided. I don't have that one, so I can use it. I have the MTRR SNP as shown in my signature, though, so I can't use the cyanocobalamin. If you have your results, you'll have a better idea if these forms of these B vitamins are useful to you. And there may be other things in that formula that your practitioner is interested in, so please discuss your concerns with the practitioner.

PeterPositive

You don't want folic acid. And selenite form of selenium is not helpful, same with cyan form of B12: cyanide. Rice protein could be a problem if you're gluten intolerant, as rice is gluten cross-reactive.
I thought rice was safe for gluten intolerant people :eek:
Aren't most gluten-free products based on rice / corn flours?

cheers

ETA: this is probably an interesting read

Last edited:

ahmo

@PeterPositive I only learned of this last year, during some of the thyroid summit talks. I was truly dismayed when I heard it.:(

http://www.thepaleomom.com/2013/03/...re-eating-gluten-even-after-giving-it-up.html
For those 20% of us with celiac disease or gluten-intolerance/sensitivity (whether diagnosed or not), it is critical to understand the concept of gluten cross-reactivity. Essentially, when your body creates antibodies against gluten, those same antibodies also recognize proteins in other foods. When you eat those foods, even though they don’t contain gluten, your body reacts as though they do. You can do a fantastic job of remaining completely gluten-free but still suffer all of the symptoms of gluten consumption—because your body still thinks you are eating gluten. This is a very important piece of information that I was missing until recently....

A recent study evaluated the potential cross-reactivity of 24 food antigens. These included:

• Rye
  • Barley
  • Spelt
  • Polish Wheat
  • Oats (2 different cultivars)
  • Buckwheat
  • Sorghum
  • Millet
  • Amaranth
  • Quinoa
  • Corn
  • Rice
  • Potato
  • Hemp
  • Teff
  • Soy
  • Milk (Alpha-Casein, Beta-Casein, Casomorphin, Butyrophilin, Whey Protein and whole milk)
  • Chocolate
  • Yeast
  • Coffee (instant, latte, espresso, imported)
  • Sesame
  • Tapioca (a.k.a. cassava or yucca)
  • Eggs
They did not find cross-reactivity with all of these foods (as is implied by the Cyrex Labs gluten cross-reactivity blood test, a.k.a. Array 4). But, they did find that their anti-gliadin antibodies (antibodies that recognize the protein fraction of gluten) did cross-react with all dairy including whole milk and isolated dairy proteins (casein, casomorphin, butyrophilin, and whey)—this may explain the high frequency of dairy sensitivities in celiac patients—oats, brewer/baker’s yeast, instant coffee (but not fresh coffee), milk chocolate (attributable to the dairy proteins in chocolate), sorghum, millet, corn, rice and potato.

While not all people with gluten sensitivities will also be sensitive to all of these foods, they should be highlighted as high risk for stimulating the immune system.

See also: http://blog.primohealthcoach.com/bid/79586/18-Gluten-Cross-Reactive-Foods

PeterPositive

@PeterPositive I only learned of this last year, during some of the thyroid summit talks. I was truly dismayed when I heard it.:(

See also: http://blog.primohealthcoach.com/bid/79586/18-Gluten-Cross-Reactive-Foods
By golly! If I had to remove all of those foods from my current diet I could safely become a waterarian(*)! :eek::D

(*)= surviving only on water

ETA: By the way I find the list a little "suspicious" because they have included spelt, barley and rye. Those of course contain gluten! So what's with the "cross reactivity"?

Last edited:

ahmo

@PeterPositive I can only guess that they included the things you mentioned because people tend to associate gluten with wheat only. I'm not a waterarian, but have a very limited diet, not just due to gluten. After hearing about this I discovered that my thyroid rx contained corn starch. Once I switched to compounded T3, an area of reactivity on my neck resolved.