• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Glandular Atrophy

wastwater

Is Glandular Atrophy common in ME/cfs
The common ones we hear about are Thyroid and sometimes Adrenal gland.
Are some of the other glands worth looking at Pituitary,Pineal,hypothalamus,Thymus,pancreas,Gonads(male)
Is there a systemic wide Glandular Atrophy going on?

amaru7

Is there a systemic wide Glandular Atrophy going on?
I don't know that there's a thing like systemic atrophy, but it seems that many do have some gladular atrophy. I know I have.

A bit about Gulf War Syndrome treatment at Hull http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-humber-14685953
Good link, I think this is the way to go if one has some gladular atrophy with resulting hormone deficiency. Soon I'm looking forward to trying growth hormone replacement therapy. As for testosterone I'm hesitant because it causes infertility and sexual sides like changes in libido and sexual function. maybe one day I'll change my mind though.

wastwater

Someone suggested I get my testosterone tested and I knew I saw this mentioned before
I wonder did they follow this up or what happened to the idea