• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

23andme Results Help and Practitioner Recommendation

Hi guys. So I'm new to all this and just starting to understand it all. Unfortunately, the days of brain fog being good enough for me to focus on learning all this are somewhat inconsistent still. Would anyone be willing to help at least preliminarily look at my results? Also, I've looked on the forum and haven't seen too many recommendations for seeing someone through Skype to help with a personalized protocol recently. I tried to contact Sterling Hill to see if she still did but seems to be hard to get a hold of so assume she is not doing it anymore. Is there anyone specific nowadays that anyone would recommend? I thought about trying to do distance with Andrew Rostenberg but don't know much about him. I've spent so much on supplements already that it'd be nice to at least have an individualized protocol for it versus shots in the dark, although I realize it's never going to be an easy fix. Thanks a bunch for any time anyone can give!

Attachments

• MTHFR2.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Aerose91

Hi Tkas

I'm not the best one to give u insight to your snp's but I'm sure some others here will chime in as they are much more knowledgeable than me. In terms of practitioner though, where are you located? I work with someone in Nyack, New York who is really well versed with methylation. Wondering if you're in distance to her.

Thanks guys! I am not within travel distance to any of the practitioners listed (also don't live in New York =( ). Aerose do you know if they do distance calls at all? That's why I was wondering if there was anyone who had actual experience with a physician that does distance calls since it's not cheap to do all this and really don't want to waste anymore money and time trying all this on my own and seeing physicians who don't really know much about what's going on with me. Thanks!

Aerose91

Thanks guys! I am not within travel distance to any of the practitioners listed (also don't live in New York =( ). Aerose do you know if they do distance calls at all? That's why I was wondering if there was anyone who had actual experience with a physician that does distance calls since it's not cheap to do all this and really don't want to waste anymore money and time trying all this on my own and seeing physicians who don't really know much about what's going on with me. Thanks!

I fully understand what you mean. I know sue dies do calls and Skype appointments but I don't know entirely if she does them for the initial appointment. Definitely call and ask, though. Her name is Dr Sheryl Leventhal at Hudson Valley Functional Medecine. She honestly knows more about methylation than anyone I've come across so far.