• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NOVA - Davie Location hotels?

Seven7

Seven
Does anybody have recommendations on Hotels close to the Davie location? Any advice - Nice to knows??? I am traveling alone so any input will be more than appreciated. I never travel via that airport so any logistical pointers are appreciated.

SOC

Does anybody have recommendations on Hotels close to the Davie location? Any advice - Nice to knows??? I am traveling alone so any input will be more than appreciated. I never travel via that airport so any logistical pointers are appreciated.
When are you going? We're going to be there the end of May and can let you know what we find out.

We haven't stayed in the Davie area before, but for our next appt in May we are staying at the Hilton Garden Inn near the Ft Lauderdale airport. We chose it because it is a 5 minute drive from the Davie office and has room service (critical for us when we travel since we're usually too exhausted to go out). That and we have some free nights there. ;)

My daughter has done a one-day trip to the Davie office through the Ft Lauderdale airport. She said it was super easy to taxi from the airport to the office and back. She also said the Ft Lauderdale airport is very easy, especially compared to the Miami Airport, which is hell on earth for a disabled person.

November Girl

SOC, Is this the address of the Hilton Garden Inn where you're staying? I don't know the area so the Dania Beach address has me wondering.
180 SW 18th Ave, Dania Beach, FL 33004

Is there still a list somewhere on NOVA's site of hotels near the NOVA office? I can't find it.

SOC

SOC, Is this the address of the Hilton Garden Inn where you're staying? I don't know the area so the Dania Beach address has me wondering.
180 SW 18th Ave, Dania Beach, FL 33004

Is there still a list somewhere on NOVA's site of hotels near the NOVA office? I can't find it.
Yes, that is the one we were going to stay at. I haven't been there, so I can't vouch for it specifically. We got switched to the Kendall office, so now we're staying at the Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West.

There is no hotel list at the NOVA website as far as I know.

Don't forget to ask any hotel you consider whether they give a discounted rate for NOVA patients. :)

November Girl

Thanks SOC. Right now I'm looking at the hotels covered by my miles plan. I don't know if my insurance will cover much of my visit. I'm still waiting for a pre-authorization and not sure if I'll get it.

SOC

Thanks SOC. Right now I'm looking at the hotels covered by my miles plan. I don't know if my insurance will cover much of my visit. I'm still waiting for a pre-authorization and not sure if I'll get it.
Fingers crossed for you! :hug: If insurance decides not to cover, make sure your doctor knows that and confer with her about which tests will give you the best benefit/cost ratio. In my experience, the INIM docs are sensitive to our economic issues and will cooperate as much as they can with your efforts to economize.