• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hydroxy B12 and feeling foggy.

Hi.. I have been taking Hydroxy B12 for a few days and I am feeling foggy and extremely tired. I know I am slow in methylation would this be the cause? cheers.

Hi,
how much hydroxy-B12 have you been taking daily?

My Genetic profile.

Gene Name Variation Result Call
COMT H62H +/- Hetero
VDR Taq Tt Hetero
MAO A R297R +/- Hetero
MTHFR C677T +/- Hetero
MTRR R415T +/- Hetero
MTRR S257T +/- Hetero
BHMT 1 +/- Hetero
BHMT 2 +/- Hetero
BHMT 4 +/- Hetero
BHMT 8 +/- Hetero
CBS C699T +/- Hetero

PeterPositive

Hi Peter.
I am taking half a lozenge 1000mcg.
Interesting. You may probably benefit from taking the active form of B12, methyl cobalamin.

You could start with a low dose in the range of 100-200 mg and increase over time, without rushing it.
Methyl-B12 is typically more stimulant as it crosses the brain blood barrier.

Lastly, if methyl-B12 works okay you should accompany it with some methylfolate, 200-400mcg typically.

Cheers

Interesting. You may probably benefit from taking the active form of B12, methyl cobalamin.

You could start with a low dose in the range of 100-200 mg and increase over time, without rushing it.

Lastly, if methyl-B12 works okay you should accompany it with some methylfolate, 200-400mcg typically.

Cheers

Thanks... I have tried methylfolate but crashed terribly.. I tried taking tiny doses but just couldnt tolerate. I will try the methyl b12 and see how I go... and thanks a lot for your reply.. :)

PeterPositive

One brand that seems very effective is Enymatic Therapy Infusion B12.
In the 1mg dosage all major brands seem to be equally effective, although some will argue the above is the best around.

Cheers
Does hydroxyb12 not cross the BBB?