• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New (3/17/15) MECFS alerts interview Dr Hornig

redviper

Thanks for posting this, Catly.

Mady Horning is a hero and it's great to hear her perspective on the recent developments. She seemed a little less optimistic about the treatment options for those that have been sick for longer than three years, but hopefully that's something that can be worked out fairly quickly in research.

ahimsa

ahimsa_pdx on twitter
Interesting interview.

Somewhere between 4:00 and 4:45 she mentions a treatment for psoriatic arthritis, interleukin suppression. My brother has that diagnosis and I believe that is one of his treatments. But I don't know for sure because he has taken different treatments over the years. But it made me perk up my ears - family connections, autoimmune issues, etc.

nandixon

Interesting interview.

Somewhere between 4:00 and 4:45 she mentions a treatment for psoriatic arthritis, interleukin suppression. My brother has that diagnosis and I believe that is one of his treatments. But I don't know for sure because he has taken different treatments over the years. But it made me perk up my ears - family connections, autoimmune issues, etc.
You might also be interested in this thread/post on the same subject:

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...hat-may-have-worked.36240/page-12#post-574823

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
Wow, that was great! Dr. Hornig is very good at communicating complex topics in a simple, easy to understand way. Her excitement at their new findings and enthusiasm for possible treatments really shines through. I love her! Thank you for posting!

oceiv

Finally watched it. Excellent and informative video. I've been very impressed with how humble, intelligent and like @Never Give Up said, adept at explaining their complex research, both Hornig and Lipkin are. Looking forward to part 2.

The sound was a bit low on the video especially on King's microphone. Hoping the microbe project manages to get full funding and continues to get small donations.

http://www.microbediscovery.org/blo...me-march-2015-microbe-discovery-project-team/