• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Selfhacked's treatment for chronic fatigue

drob31

I'm not suggesting this is a treatment or cure, but merely an interesting reference from which you may find something useful. Especially the ICES EMF device, which I'm considering getting myself.

"My Protocol to Cure Chronic Fatigue and Fatigue After Meals"

http://selfhacked.com/2015/03/14/my-cutting-edge-protocol-to-cure-fatigue/

Thoughts?

What do you think about this device: http://www.micro-pulse.com/products/pulse-pet-ices-digiceutical-pulse-generator-model-a9a

Pseudo science or break through?

adreno

PR activist
I think the technology looks interesting. It seems akin to infrared devices that are used to reduce tissue inflammation. I'm not sure how much classical inflammation is involved in ME/SEID, as opposed to RA for example. It would be interesting to know how the eletromagnetic fields would affect microglial activation, as well as immune system parameters.

drob31

I think the technology looks interesting. It seems akin to infrared devices that are used to reduce tissue inflammation. I'm not sure how much classical inflammation is involved in ME/SEID, as opposed to RA for example. It would be interesting to know how the eletromagnetic fields would affect microglial activation, as well as immune system parameters.

I'm not sure either, but I'm thinking about buying one and trying it. I think you get your money back if you return within 30 days minus a large re stocking fee. Who knows, it may do a real good job with inflammation.

brenda

I wouldn't buy this device. 9 volts by battery is not going to penetrate much, and that is only when the battery is full and then, does not deliver the full 9 volts anyway so l believe. Maybe more like 7 or 8. Contact mode on my frequency generator, which is run from the mains, needs at least 10 volts up to 20 to be effective.

It looks very expensive to me for what it is. My generator which can be found on the spooky2 site is 115 dollars plus postage.

drob31

I wouldn't buy this device. 9 volts by battery is not going to penetrate much, and that is only when the battery is full and then, does not deliver the full 9 volts anyway so l believe. Maybe more like 7 or 8. Contact mode on my frequency generator, which is run from the mains, needs at least 10 volts up to 20 to be effective.

It looks very expensive to me for what it is. My generator which can be found on the spooky2 site is 115 dollars plus postage.

Yeah, but isn't the technology different?

brenda

Yeah, but isn't the technology different?

Yes of course. I was just giving an example of the cost. Spooky2 is developing a PMEF addition so I would wait for that as they sell at not much more than cost price.

JPV

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
This is pretty different from the disease ME/CFS.

He doesn't mention anything about CFS/ME so this wouldn't apply to us.

He does mention CFS on another page referring to this sort of device...

This will benefit pretty much every chronic condition, but will be most effective for CFS, Fibromyalgia, brain fog, fatigue after meals, autoimmune conditions, etc…

http://selfhacked.com/2015/03/13/ic...ion-cure-upgraded-pemf/#ICES_Prevents_Fatigue

Last edited:
Hey drob31
I see this thread got nowhere. Did you ever try a PEMF ices device?
I've been curious about PEMFs for a year or two now but have not used one. I certainly think it is an area worth investigating. There are a number of different models out there and this one is one of the most affordable. There are some health related bloggers trying these or else the predecessor devices like SomaPulse and AllevaWave. And of course others trying other PEMF versions. Seems the clearest benefit (claimed benefit at least) is for chronic pain. Some have claimed spectacular results. Just assuming the device is useful for pain the next question is might it be useful for any core aspect of ME/CFS or in my case severe food and chemical sensitivities.
Let me know if you ever tried a PEMF device and if so your results?
Thanks

Deltrus

I have the PEMF device he recommends. It can indeed reduce inflammation, but if I am getting twitching/tightness/tinnitus, then it actually exasperates that and makes me very uncomfortable. The results you get from it are sometimes good, and somestimes I get no results. It seems to drastically increase healing of cuts, burns etc. It lowers inflammation in muscles etc. The theory was that it moves ions around in cells, according to the makers' video. Perhaps it works best in people who have a good inhibitory / excitatory balance. I stopped using it because I was worried about siezure formation. The device makes my nerves pulse with the device if I'm more on the excitatory side. But if my symptoms are not flaring, then it does not do this.

Deltrus

If you watch the maker's extremely long video, you will learn that this device makes a much bigger response than higher voltage units. I can't really remember the mechanism and I'm not going to watch the vid again. This device can sometimes cause my nerves to pulse along with the device, as mentioned above. That means it is high enough voltage for me.

ScottTriGuy

Stop the harm. Start the research and treatment.

Deltrus

I believe this article / thread refers to ion channels as a biomarker for ME.

"It seems they are claiming CFS is an ion channelopathy with specific snp risk factors, at least in the majority of patients

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...chronic-fatigue-syndrome-testing.43337/page-4

Yes, that may have something to do with it, no way to tell. Lots of people with CFS may not have any issues with ion imbalance, inhibitory/excitatory imbalance etc. Lots of things move ions around in cells too. It isn't like it is a bad thing. We need more people to try the device before we can tell if it is good/bad for cfs.

Wow Deltrus, so glad you have tried one of these. Very interesting and very mixed results it seems. It's no small thing that it reduces inflammation and speeds wound healing for you. Of course those other effects like nerves pulsing don't sound so good. I'm curious what power setting were you using? Could you reduce the power and reduce those negative effects? Also how long did you apply the device to get positive or negative effects. I noticed the self hacked guy and someone I saw using another pemf ices device for severe back pain were both wearing the devices for hours and hours.

On Dr. Pawluk's website he talks about the use of PEMF with very sensitive people and says that they should use very low power output and for short durations. I believe for the Medithera device which has a maximum power that is a tiny fraction of the power of your device's maximum he was suggesting 15 minutes once or twice a day. And then to go up or down in power or duration according to your response.
From Pawluk's site the power output of the ICES device and the Medithera mentioned just above.
For the Micropulse ICES device: There are 4 intensity levels – L (low), M (medium), H (high), and X (extra). Maximum intensity (level X) is 200 gauss (20,000 microTesla) and is only achieved when the coils are stacked one on top of the other.
For the Medithera (which he recommends for sensitive people): The maximum intensity of the system is 75 microTesla (0.75 gauss). There are 11 intensity settings: levels 1 through 10 plus one sensitive setting (0.75 microTelsa).
I agree I wish there were more people trying this and other PEMF devices. Maybe I'll get one but it would be nice to hear from more people on their results.