• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FREDD PROTOCOL - 1st PRIORITIES?

alice111

im sure there are a million posts here about whats in involved with fredds b12 protocol, but my brain is mostly mush, and i really cant read much at all..

so im hoping someone will be kind enough to please tell me what the first three things would be in order to start fredds protocol?

thanks a million :)

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@alice111 I know what it's like to be overwhelmed with this and to be too fogged to read more then a line or 2. This is Freddds deadlock quartet. The 4 basics.

Methyl b12
Adb12
L carnitine fumarate
Methylfolate

Maybe @PeterPositive or @ahmo can chime in with what to start with. You don't want to start all 4 at once.

From personal experience start very low and slow.

ebethc

im sure there are a million posts here about whats in involved with fredds b12 protocol, but my brain is mostly mush, and i really cant read much at all..

so im hoping someone will be kind enough to please tell me what the first three things would be in order to start fredds protocol?

thanks a million :)

#2 - the amounts & ratios for the supps are important....
RATIOS
The ratio of folate to mb12 is 1:1, and sometimes slightly more mb12
folate should be 2/3 mfolate to 1/3 adenofolate; some folks do 100% mfolate.

AMOUNTS
you'll see most of the info is very conservative re amounts... "start low & go slow" is the mantra, and sound advice... However, I personally didn't get anywhere w lower doses, so this week, I took some high doses as an experiment. I felt really good, so the experiment helped me see that I'm on right track. I'm a little afraid to do this every day (I don't want to feel great all of the sudden and then crash). I'm going to take more than the recommended doses, but not go crazy :) The guidelines say that it can take 6 weeks... So, I'm going to slow down a tiny bit now that I feel like I'm on the right track, and count down the days to the 6 week mark...

Re L Carnate Fumarate - not sure about the amount

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I've heard different.

Mb12 to ad12 is 1:1

Some take ad12 once a week away from mb12. I take them together.

MFolate is much less than the 12

I take 500 mgs LCF but some can't handle 1/16 of that

Its all individual. You can't judge what you need or how you will do based on someone else's experience.

I had a horrible reaction to too much metafolin.
Find one person to mentor you. That's what I did to avoid being overwhelmed.