• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Only $6,000 for major double-blind, large-sample immune-abnormality ME/CFS study! Please donate now!

To note : When I put a decimal point after my amount it said invalid amount.
Or maybe I did something else wrong . I couldn't translate the error box, but when I took that out it worked !

I encountered this problem, and thought maybe I had used the wrong password. Could not read the Spanish error message.

It worked fine when I re-entered the euro amount substituting the decimal point for a comma; I noticed that the Spanish version used a comma instead of a point.

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I think they're up to 7.700 euros, not sure, maybe they still need 7.700 - am I helping??? still 15 days to go, somehow thought they'd have got it before now, its not a lot really in the grand scheme of things.

serg1942

Hi to everybody,

I am going to update the crowdfunding and the project situation:

First, thank you very much to those who have already contributed to this project one way or another. Thanks to @Battery Muncher, @Sasha, @rosa, @Bob, @DanME, @Tuha and @maryb for having being updating the thread! --I've been inundated with practices at the hospital (really hard for me, being sick), so thank you very very much...

YES, as @Tuha says, as of yesterday, the project got 5.696 € (5.978 $), so right now they still need 5965 $ to reach the total of 12.595 $ they require for the project.

However IT HAS ALREADY STARTED! The president of ASSSEM, Jose Luís Rivas (also an ME/CFS patient), let me know (and is written as well in their Website in Spanish) that they have already started to call patients, so that consultations can start the day after tomorrow (on March 16th). So the project has already been launched, trusting that they will finally collect the rest of the funds they need to carry out and finish this great, ambitious and promising project.

So, let me say it again: We are less than 6000 $ away from very probably having an internationally PUBLISHED DOUBLE BLIND CROSS-SECTIONAL STUDY, with a very BIG SAMPLE, SHOWING IMMUNE ABNORMALITIES IN ME/CFS, from one of the most recognized researchers team on the field of AIDS.

This big and solid study would corroborate the latest papers showing abnormal cytokines, or inflammation shown by image techniques in our disease. This is a chance we cannot miss...

So, again, please: HELP in anyway you can! :)

Best!
Sergio

Sasha

Fine, thank you
So, let me say it again: We are less than 6000 $ away from very probably having an internationally PUBLISHED DOUBLE BLIND CROSS-SECTIONAL STUDY, with a very BIG SAMPLE, SHOWING IMMUNE ABNORMALITIES IN ME/CFS, from one of the most recognized researchers team on the field of AIDS.

This big and solid study would corroborate the latest papers showing abnormal cytokines, or inflammation shown by image techniques in our disease. This is a chance we cannot miss...

Well, that's exciting!

Given that progress, maybe it would be a good idea to make another change to the thread title (if @Kina won't kill me :eek:) to something like, 'Only $6,000 from major double-blind, large-sample immune-abnormality ME/CFS study! Donate now!

And you could edit the first part of your first post with this news. Great that it's underway!

serg1942

Hi @Sasha! Yes, that new title would be perfect! Problem is that for some reason I cannot edit neither the tittle nor the message anymore, so... Who should I ask to???? :angel:

Kati

Patient in training
The donation button is not working for me at the moment. i hope to remember to try later...

Edit to add: Done! Good luck!

Last edited:

serg1942

Yes @Sushi! thank you!!! :) Thank you also to @Kati and @acer2000 for collaborating and letting us know it eventually worked!

Let's see if the English Speaking community can give the necessary push to this crowd-funding, both collecting and spreading the word, because what it is left to reach the target is so little, and there's so much already done, that I do think it is really worth the effort!

I would also appreciate if someone could recommend some other platforms where I could also write about this project. I've been lost for the last 4 years since I recovered enough to start studying, and have actually forgotten about other places!

Thank you and best to you all!!!
Sergio