• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Isoprinosine for Herpes Virus

Hi,
My name is Roberta and I am 22 years old.
Since I was a child I keep suffering from a recurring herpes simplex infections that causes ugly papules around and inside my mouth: not only they're quite painful, they're also very disgusting to look at.

I've heard about Isoprinosine, an immunostimulant/antiviral agent that I've found for sale here: http://www.my-lifespan.com/isoprinosine.html

This medication should help reduce the symptoms of the disease, and shorten the overall duration of the infection by a direct action on my immune system.

What can you tell me about this drug? Does it provoke side-effects? Is it counterindicated with other antiviral prescriptions I am already taking (such as Aciclovir)? Do I need to take it before the disease is manifest (ie. during latency periods), or when the symptoms actually appear?

Thank you,

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
Isoprinosine just take for 2to3 months then 1 months off. Shouldn't be an issue being on acyclovir with it. Also google brandmedicines.com they are better priced.
There are some current threads on inosine which is a supplement very similar to isoprinosine.

Cheers.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@alice111 this thread is over a year old. I am no longer on Acyclovir, I am taking 1000 mgs famvir

When I took Acycloir I took Between 1600 to 2400 mgs a day for over s year maybe longer. I would have stayed on it since I did get some results. At that time I didnt have a doc to rx famvir for me and Acyclovir was the cheapest to get without an rx.

alice111

@minkeygirl if you dont mind my asking why did you switch to famvir? do you continue to have positive results with it?
how much of the famvir do you take?

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I switched to famvir because its supposed to work better than acyclovir although Valtrex is supposed to be better than famvir. I had horrible side effects from it so I got famvir

Im currently taking 1000 mgs. I don't know if it's helping because I'm in bad shape but I know when I'm off it I get a viral reactivation. Horrible sore throat, swollen glands, feeling like I have mono.

alice111

I switched to famvir because its supposed to work better than acyclovir although Valtrex is supposed to be better than famvir. I had horrible side effects from it so I got famvir

Im currently taking 1000 mgs. I don't know if it's helping because I'm in bad shape but I know when I'm off it I get a viral reactivation. Horrible sore throat, swollen glands, feeling like I have mono.

So you take the 1000mgs every single day, not just for a flare?

ukxmrv

I took Immunovir for a couple of years and had no side effects that I could see. The downside is that the effects wore off if I stopped taking the drug. It became too expensive for me to keep buying.

Immunovir worked best for me at the same time as Valtrex.

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
I took Immunovir for a couple of years and had no side effects that I could see. The downside is that the effects wore off if I stopped taking the drug. It became too expensive for me to keep buying.

Immunovir worked best for me at the same time as Valtrex.

I think thats the problem is the cost compared to the effects. If it was alot cheaper then i would continue using it but its to costly for the amount of benefits from it.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Yes. As I said, if I stop it I have a viral flair. Most people here take antivirals all the time. Several years to start.

I don't think its something you just take hit or miss. you have to keep at it to keep the viruses from duplicating

Last edited: