• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Sulfur sensitivity and smelly/bubbly urine

Changexpert

I used to be able to generic B-complex supplement without any problems. Now, I can't take B6, p5p, taurine, MSM, and NAC because my body reacts negative to it.

Fish oil, regardless of which form (krill oil, cod liver oil, regular fish oil, liquid or capsules) all give me more inflammation like acne, rashes, and itchiness. In addition, Hair loss worsens immediately and my urine is bubbly and smells foul.

Is there any connection between sulfur sensitivity and bad urine? I think my body is trying hard to get rid of ammonia, as seen from smelly urine. What supplements and diet should I focus on to treat this condition? I would appreciate your input and comments. Thank you so much.

Rand56

As far as what can help for ammonia, I know some people on here have good results with Yucca root. L-Ornithine may also be of some benefit. Higher dose thiamine <if you can handle higher doses>, may be of some help too.

Fish oil I have always felt worse on. There again..others swear by it and love it. Good for some, bad for others.

Changexpert

As far as what can help for ammonia, I know some people on here have good results with Yucca root. L-Ornithine may also be of some benefit. Higher dose thiamine <if you can handle higher doses>, may be of some help too.

Fish oil I have always felt worse on. There again..others swear by it and love it. Good for some, bad for others.
Thanks for the response!! Does thiamine, L-ornithine, or yucca root play other roles in methylcation cycle? Is thiamine the only vitamin B that helps with ammonia breakdown? My thiamine level was pretty low, although within functional range, so maybe it is a good idea to supplement that.

Changexpert

There are several threads about ammonia with useful tips.:thumbsup:
Could you share some links? There are too many posts out there, so I feel bombarded :(
I've read Heartfixer website for keeping sulfur level in control and that was really helpful.

Rand56

Thanks for the response!! Does thiamine, L-ornithine, or yucca root play other roles in methylcation cycle? Is thiamine the only vitamin B that helps with ammonia breakdown? My thiamine level was pretty low, although within functional range, so maybe it is a good idea to supplement that.

I am not the one who can provide good answers on methylation. Hopefully someone else can weigh in for you.

Changexpert

Gondwanaland

I've been reading generic methylation guides written by Freddd and Rich, which had hundreds of reply pages, so I was a little scared to do search on this subject. The ammonia thread that was started by you looks really promising. Thanks a lot.
I know about the overwhelming amount of info. it is a long process of becoming informed. It takes several months. :ill: