• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Dr. Lipkin on Dr. Oz show Thurs 5 March about ME/CFS

wdb

So much of what Oz says has been shown to be wrong (there was a recent analysis showing that). It may do more harm than good for people's opinions.
But, if there are good scientists on the show, perhaps I'm wrong.

meadowlark

IIRC, Dr. Oz once suggested that green tea was a suitable treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome.

I think that the suggestion of five questions women should ask themselves is pure marketing: Dr. Oz's audience is mostly female. It's a moronic hard sell, but that's how his show gets ratings.

I don't know what this show will actually be like, but amidst all the bull and endorsement of miracle cures, Dr. Oz occasionally includes some actual health and medicine. So I hope that he allows Dr. Lipkin to inject a bit of sanity. Mehmet C. Oz is associated with Columbia University, and I imagine that's how he snagged Lipkin's involvement in the first place.

meadowlark

For the Canadians here, it's on CTV at 2:00 in the afternoon. I tried googling when it airs in the U.S., but can't find a site that gives a time. Maybe it airs at different times according to the local affiliate that buys it.

This appearance by Lipkin just makes me wish that Sanjay Gupta of CNN would get ahold of him. Gupta did terrific work on medical marijuana, even to the point of apologizing to patients for having bought into government lies about the issue.

Last edited:

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Dr. Oz airs in the US on ABC. It is 4 p.m. Mountain Time but it may vary when they show it in other time zones. This is interesting in another way as the very worst TV segment on the IOM was shown on my local ABC affiliate. The affiliate, ABC News and its owner Hearst TV were all thoroughly bashed by advocates. The clip was quickly removed from the web but our requests/demands for a retraction and equal air-time have not been responded to.

I'd hope (guess?) that ABC is aware of their previous debacle when putting together this segment of Dr. Oz? I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

Sushi

ukxmrv

Do the other guests (apart from Dr Lipkin) normally appear on the show?

GUESTS: Dr. Jennifer Caudle , Dr. Ian Lipkin , Dr. Julie Holland , Tia Brown , Dr. Mark Hyman

Misfit Toy

This is how much I don't know. Who is Dr. Mark Hyman? And...@Kati- do you not like him? Many people have suggested I go to a functional medicine doctor. Again, another thing I don't want to do.