• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Medscape Article ( March 2) Re Hornig/Lipkin et al Cytokine Study

Gamboa

Sorry if this is already posted elsewhere. I'm not feeling well and can barely function at the moment.

Medscape has a new article entitled :
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: Immune Alterations Seen Early

This is the appropriate link:
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/840706

It is a 2 page discussion of the recent Hornig/Lipkin et al cytokine studt. So far there are 8 comments.

Last edited:

Sing

Anyone can sign up for free access to Medscape. This article seems accurate to me but is only a general summary of what Simmaron just sent out, and that we have seen on Cort's site.

catly

Anyone can sign up for free access to Medscape. This article seems accurate to me but is only a general summary of what Simmaron just sent out, and that we have seen on Cort's site.

I realize that, and I have a medscape login, I simply wanted to point out that the OP's link seems to be pointing to his/her Medscape login screen that includes his/her user name I think.

Gamboa

Thanks Bob,

I was semi comatose yesterday and should not have even tried to post a new thread. It's amazing how my brain can almost completely shut down sometimes as if no oxygen and/or glucose is reaching it. I feel as if I have been given tranquilizers and am trying to think while under the influence of being heavily sedated. All due to a crash--severe PEM due to overdoing things, once again. Feeling a bit better so far this morning. Sorry for wasting people's time with a bad link .

shannah

Thanks Bob,

I was semi comatose yesterday and should not have even tried to post a new thread. It's amazing how my brain can almost completely shut down sometimes as if no oxygen and/or glucose is reaching it. I feel as if I have been given tranquilizers and am trying to think while under the influence of being heavily sedated. All due to a crash--severe PEM due to overdoing things, once again. Feeling a bit better so far this morning. Sorry for wasting people's time with a bad link .

Just wanted to say that I'm sorry to hear how poorly you're doing right now Gamboa. Sweet of you to apologize but many of us can relate to both feeling so poorly and also to errors in posting. (Some of the things I've done have been downright embarrassingly dumb!)

Hope you're feeling better soon. Best wishes.

Bob

@Gamboa, it's no problem at all. And we all understand. There's nothing worse than a severe crash. Hope you continue to pick up. Rest well if you can. Thanks for starting the thread.