• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Inviting you to visit my blog, recovering from CFS

Hi all, I just wanted to put this out there. I have been making blog posts, but never actually made my site public or indexed on google until now. I do talk about CFS a little bit, but for the most part I'm focusing on personal development and positive things. I wanted to invite you to visit it, since I have been struggling with severe CFS. I was bedridden for about 10 months and only started being able to walk a tiny bit recently. I may take down this info from here soon, so it's not up here forever, but the URL is (edit: I removed the URL now) and I'd be happy to hear from other CFS sufferers.

Hugs.

Last edited:

msf

Hi, I only read your first post, and I'm glad you are getting better, but if you get worse with exercise maybe its better to put your fitness plans on the back burner?

ukxmrv

I'd find it a hard read as I did a lot of work on self development in the early decade of ME and I never recovered from this disease or had a remission. When I look back at that time I feel as if it was wasted and I wish that had focused on other things.

It's a very personal journey and we all have different needs.

Hi, I only read your first post, and I'm glad you are getting better, but if you get worse with exercise maybe its better to put your fitness plans on the back burner?
Hi MSF. Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm not working out at this time, these were just thoughts as I questioned what I might possibly be doing in the future because I've made quite a bit of progress in the past year.

msf

Hi Figuring this out, I thought that might be the case, I just didn't want to see you, or anyone else, undo some of the progress they have made by pushing themselves too hard. I can't imagine what it's like to be bedbound with this disease, but the only time I was housebound was immediately after doing strenuous exercise. Since then I have limited myself to walking, and usually for no more than 30 minutes.