• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Hansa center, American Biological Medicine

Martial

Anybody here ever heard of biological medicine or more speficially the Hansa Center in Wichita, Kansas?

I have been under the care of an LLMD for Lyme but something just really struck a cord with with me from Dr. Jernigan.

Most importantly I did not want to use antibiotics and definitely not long term as I kind of felt a lot of people actually make themselves worse from severe herxing, I did not know much other options for treatment though and I have very debiliating late stage neuro lyme so needed something to re align my body and health for sure.

His practice focuses on integrated and stabilizing the body as a whole, and treats many chronic "dis ease" states constantly mentioning that labels are not important, but rather we need to address all dysfunctions happening and give the body what it wants to heal..

He also seems very helpful for people with Chronic Fatigue and M.E. as its the same basis of treatment for all dise ease states, though the programs for each are extremely personalized by what each person needs individually!

Here is a link to his site

http://hansacenter.com/treatment-philosophy/

He has some really great articles and health tips on their as well, he has also written two books and one which is very helpful called Beating Lyme, though this book is extremely valuable for things like CFS, Fibromyalgia, and many other things as well! It goes into some essential therapies and various ways to help re align and center the body again and fix any dsyregulations that caused "dis ease" in the first place..

I really think this is an extremely promising treatment module and the guy definitely seems genuine and WAY ahead of the curve in medicine from other things I have seen, I had alread intuitively felt out that certain things in my own treatment were not beneficial or harmful and was contemplating on therapies similar to how his works.. Then low and behold I found exactly what I suspected to help the most! LOL

I think the main idea behind Dr Jernigan's approach and Biological medicine is to treat the body pathways, and immune system to create a state of self regulated health, where the body can take care of any invading pathogens perfectly well on its own and a secondary emphasis on clearing any overloaded toxicities, bacterial, parasitic, or viral loads, etc..

His approach involves his own created system called circuit healing, studying both natural and anthroposophical medicine I think these are sometimes used, Botanical medicine, and the biological medicine, he also created over thirty of his own medicines, and has really interesting tests to treat sources of body dysregulations called computerized regulation thermodiagnostics. They also use a multitude of things like FIR Sauna, Bio mat, lymphetic drainage, de tox ionizing baths, deep tissue massage and release, and other similar things at the clinic... I really wish I could afford to go myself :/ For now I am trying to heal with his protocol from the book and getting similar therapies in my own area..

it seems extremely promising and I am definitely using it myself, and making the choice to opt out of long term pharm grade antibiotics.

Anyways I hope this helps other on here and maybe if someone does follow through with a similar therapy or doctor to maybe give an update on how it went, or they already had seen someone!

I believe there are other clinics connected to Hansa in Europe as well..

Last edited:

jepps

Dr. Jernigan studied at Paracelsus clinic in Zürich, which is in Europe. The chief of the Paracelsus clinic, Dr. Rau, treats above all with the approach of Dr. Enderlein, a German researcher, who describes, that all viruses and bacterias only get pathogene, when the gut is full with fungi (above all candida and mold, everybody with systemic candida infection has mold infection). Fungi developes, when the milieu gets unhealthy by bad diet or to much antibiotics or heavy metals.

In treating the gut with diet and the sanum remedies of Dr. Enderlein (pleo sanum) candida and mold are addressed, acidity of the body is addressed. With these remedies the pathogenic forms of candida and mold are dissolved. There are also pleo sanum products to address viruses and cell wall free bacterias (like lyme), which can be taken, when microbes flare up because of dying of fungi.

For heavy metals of dying microbes he does not take chelators, but only binders like chlorella.

Dufresne

almost there...
I've been quite interested in this approach too. There are a few videos on youtube that give an idea of the treatment used by practitioners such as Dr Rau. Dr Klinghardt also incorporates this school into his treatment of Lyme.

The focus is on the terrain instead of the bugs; lots of detox of heavy metals and other toxins to purify the milieu. From there they use sanum remedies to modulate the immune system to a more favourable place. I did some of this a few years ago and noticed a preliminary effect but ended up getting sidetracked by other things. I'm now considering going back that way. Especially with the diet. Biological Medicine requires a fairly low-protein intake to ensure a system that's not too acidic. I've been overdoing it with the protein for too long. And according to this school your pathogens will create much more disease in an unhealthy, overly acidic, state. My recent experimentation suggests this is true.

We're never going to be free of borrelia so the best we can hope for is to make peace with them. Getting one's load down is always a good thing. After that you just want whatever is left to work symbiotically with you. This makes sense to me. Otherwise I'm pretty sure one could go on a ten year killing spree, and there's a good chance it will only make them sicker.

Last edited:

Tammy

Yes................I've been to the Hansa Center...........around 2003? I could only go to see him once but really would have liked to see him on a regular basis and definitely would have if I could afford it. My daughter accompanied me on the trip and had a treatment at the clinic (she wasn't ill).........I just wanted to have her evaluated with his unique method just in case there was some sort of imbalance.......can't remember the treatment she had.........and neither can she.......but later that afternoon and into the night she couldn't stop laughing and said she felt so good and so gitty like when she was a little girl. She laughed herself to sleep that night! The euphoria lasted about a week from what we can remember.

Last edited:

jepps

Yes................I've been to the Hansa Center...........around 2003? I could only go to see him once but really would have liked to see him on a regular basis and definitely would have if I could afford it. .

You must not go to the Hansa Center, there a protocols for pleo sanum available. Above all, these are medicaments to treat the microbes without damaging the gut flora.

The Hansa link says, there are possible improvements within the first weeks of the programme. As I do this programme, I can determine: yes, there are improvements first. But as with any other programme, if the immunity is better, the immune system takes the capacity to face up with low grade virus and bacterial infections as well as with heavy metals and other toxins. So there always are first improvements, followed with phases of ups and downs. The more primarly the gut is supported with probiotics + prebiotics, the better we can handle detoxifying.

Last edited:

Martial

i think I just heard on fb that he doesnt' believe in parasites or mold??!

From what I have seen he definitely does, the main thing he is about is turning off the state of "dis-ease", regardless of cause. Of course tailoring an approach based on different things they find on various testing like bio resonance. I don't know too much about his approach though, he has quite a few supplements and herbs he offers for various things though.

I think there is a lot of good info and very enlightening things he does, however as a stand alone protocol or medicine I would be weary. I think its a great component to add on and implement what you find useful in his teachings for sure.

jepps

I think there is a lot of good info and very enlightening things he does, however as a stand alone protocol or medicine I would be weary. I think its a great component to add on and implement what you find useful in his teachings for sure.

In my experience bioresonance or homoepathic remedies without taking supplements can worsen the disease. Or is helps for a short time, and then things worsen.
The basic therapy with treating the gut, hormones, methylation and deficiences with supplements ensures, that the processes, that homoepathie initiates, are successfully. But then it is very strong, and helps our immunity with the competence to correspond with pathogene microbes.

I agree with his sentence:

That health is a component of the organism, and is not achieved by the absence of microbes of any kind. Treat the bugs and more bugs will follow…treat the human condition and health will follow.

Therefore with mentality we can accompany the building up of immunity: we strenghten our immunity, so that pathogenes take their place in the body, nor we fight against something or somebody.

Last edited:

Hanna

@jepps what you write about bioresonance frightens me... Could you develop?
The reason why is I am treating Lyme and Co with Bioresonance (Bicom2000) (though it is combined with ABX, Cowden phytoterapy products and supps)...

jepps

@Hanna sorry, I never wanted to frighten you, not at all.

I do frequency therapy with Global Diagnostics (GD, a swiss frequency therapy) since 4 1/2 years, with Sanum remedies since 4 months. I had worsening symptoms with addressing infections with bioresonance alone, often not until after a course of addressing infections. Many therapeuths believe, homoepathic support is enough, but when the gut is compromised because of chronic infections, this is not true.

Never mind, if addressing infections with bioresonance or with another therapy, infections and heavy metals are very hard for the gut, bioresonance cannot address the gut enough to respond to the microbes. Our gut needs material - this is probiotics, prebiotics, RS and a good diet.

Last edited:

Hanna

Thanks @jepps I thought the bioresonance was acting in a different way than killing the bugs, but rather making them weaker. With this hypothesis, I thought there would not a be huge release of toxins, like with the other techniques. On the contrary, some additionnal detox waves -also through bioresonance- would do the trick and bring general support.

Since you have far more experience with the lyme waves than I do, that's the reason why I was interested to read your post.

jepps

Not only lyme, lyme is only the iceberg, I address all infections with frequencies, and bioresonance is very effective. Since addressed methylation all infections come up, prior not. I definitly had a blocked methylation.

And it is right, the frequencies make them weaker, and therefore the detoxification process is not so hard for the body. By making the microbes weaker, the immune response is not so strong. But at last they die, when they are weak enough, and this process results in producing antibodies against the death microbes, and therefore inflammation. I realized this very strong at the final of such a process, and it always took a longer time to recover.

With supporting the gut, I have increased inflammation with such processes, but recovering is much easier, and I hold more my energy level.

leela

I have often fantasized about going there, though it costs like $5000 per week, and you must find a tolerable place to stay for two weeks.

Dufresne

almost there...
Dr Rau says recovery from 'chronic lyme' usually takes 2-3 years. The thing is you won't find too many recovery stories in the Lyme community from people who used Biological Medicine. That said, one of the best recovery stories I've heard was that of Mike Dessin. I'd give a link but I haven't been able to find it. The gist of it is: death's door ME, mold avoidance, intravenous feeding, homeopathy, neural therapy. Essentially Biological Medicine. Eight weeks to recovery.

Tammy

You must not go to the Hansa Center, there a protocols for pleo sanum available. Above all, these are medicaments to treat the microbes without damaging the gut flora.
It's probably my brainfog but really didn't understand much of your reply to my post. Don't understand what you mean by protocols for pleo sanum available? .............And really not sure what it is exactly that you are saying about the Hansa Center.

Last edited:

Tammy

In my experience bioresonance or homoepathic remedies without taking supplements can worsen the disease. Or is helps for a short time, and then things worsen. competence to correspond with pathogene microbes.
Are you referring to the way Dr. Jernigan treats disease?

Last edited:

jepps

Dr Rau says recovery from 'chronic lyme' usually takes 2-3 years. The thing is you won't find too many recovery stories in the Lyme community from people who used Biological Medicine. That said, one of the best recovery stories I've heard was that of Mike Dessin. I'd give a link but I haven't been able to find it. The gist of it is: death's door ME, mold avoidance, intravenous feeding, homeopathy, neural therapy. Essentially Biological Medicine. Eight weeks to recovery.

Thank you, very interesting.

Precondition to treat lyme with frequencies is methylation. The cell does not release lyme (or other microbes) with suppressed methylation (at least in my case). Bioresonance gave me remissions, but only after addressed methylation the full dimension of the intracellular infections was visible, the cell released lyme and other infections. This was 1 1/2 year ago.

But the infection behind lyme disease is very often (like in my case) candida or/and mold. Lyme treatment lasted 3 months, but fungi is treated since 10 months with open end:) (monitored with frequencies and labor). Fungi suppresses immunity and methylation, this enables lyme to develope.

The most important treatment is to build up immunity in the gut via diet+addressing gut. The mucosa must regenerate, we must build up the flora. This is the requirement for this sentence:
treat the human condition and health will follow.

We do not know, if everybody who uses Biological Medicine treats fungus, and heals the mucosa, but this is very often a precondition for healing, and I assume, most doctors do not know that.

Last edited:

jepps

Are you referring to the way Dr. Jernigan treats disease?

@Tammy, I do not know Dr. Jernigan´s protocol. I know Dr. Rau´s protocol, and that Dr. Jernigan studied at the Paracelsus clinic, and they have the same philosophy. My physician also has the same philosophy, and treats by the way as Dr. Rau with frequencies, supplements and sanum, 1 1/2 year ago we included methylation, 10 months ago the RS-package (THANKS PHOENIX RISING AND ALL OF YOU FOR EACH POST), both changed everything.

I give you here a suggestion for Pleo-Sanum therapy for several conditions:

http://www.collegenaturalmedicine.com/images/LBA/prescripbook.pdf

Last edited: