• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

CFS methylation problem or maybe parkinson?

kel88

Hi everyone!

Ive got 6 years CFS/ME fhat become worse and worse. Nothing seems to help anymore :(
My symptoms looks like parkinson/MS.

Ive grothe homozygous a1298c mutation , also VDR Taq homozygous but im COMT -- so low on dopamin and a1298c an increase risk for parkinson?

I find out af 23andme i got all homozygous mutations for parkinson (oh god..)

So how do i know that i dont have early parkinsons in steat of CFS/ME?

(Im only 26 so maybe the early symptoms?)

melamine

Go to neurologist and get examined/tested, but continue to investigate causes and therapies for both Parkinson's and ME. Unless there is a strong family history, diseases are more environmental than genetic. Genetics loads the gun, as they say, but environment pulls the trigger.

Martial

A lot of late stage lyme disease patients have symptoms similar to MS and Parkinson patients. I think it would be worthwhile to rule out because an untreated infection can be deadly.

kel88

Thanks both for youre answers!
I will go to a doctor to see what he/she thinks about my mutations!
I dont have lyme , first of al never had a teek ( dont know the word in Englisch?)
And second of al they have tested a few time with different test.
Blood but also PCR and with bioresonance and live blood analyse. ( blood under microscoop) and no lt one time show lyme.. BUT ive got chronic epstein barr. My IGG and IGM are always positive. I did become sick after the first breakout! :(

Can you guys look what mutations you got?
I got al the risk allele"s, im very curiouse what other ME patient have, maybe the same?

kel88

melamine

@kel88 - I have not had any of those tests but I do have chronic-elevated levels of EBV and many years ago had acute infection of the same. Have you had any metals placed in your mouth or have you been exposed to excessive levels of any kind of toxins that you know of?

Leaky gut and candida are probably more important than mutations at this point, because they are highly correlated with autoimmune disease and excitotoxicity/neurotoxicity.

jepps

@kel88

Leaky gut and candida are probably more important than mutations at this point, because they are highly correlated with autoimmune disease and excitotoxicity/neurotoxicity.

Yes, but I do not know, whether we can resolve the candida without addressing methylation. As candida inhibits methylation, but we need methylation to address viruses, maybe we must support methylation with supplements to address both, candida and viruses and bacterias.

But first we must address candida and the gut, to have the competence to fight upcoming viruses.

kel88

I also dont have candida ;)
They test it also with very goog stool test! But no candida.
My ph was very low i believe 5,3 in the gut and many bifidobaterials ( probiotica). So i didt had h pylori or cadida! So thats also not my problem.
My problem really is gendefects and chronic epstein barr .

Ohh yess i have metal in my mouth. I dont now how to explain in englisch but a little metal peace that hold my theet to each other after a braces... Would that be a problem? I dont have almagaan or something like that..

Melamine you had also epstein barr when you become sick?

melamine

Ohh yess i have metal in my mouth. I dont now how to explain in englisch but a little metal peace that hold my theet to each other after a braces... Would that be a problem? I dont have almagaan or something like that..

Melamine you had also epstein barr when you become sick?

@kel88 - For some, yes, the metal braces can be a problem - non-local, immune-mediated. You would probably know by how soon your symptoms began after having the braces placed. Fortunately you do not have amalgams since they might enhance sensitivity to other metals. And because you don't have amalgams, all the more reason not to expect Candida - lucky you there, at least.

My first major infection was EBV - Epstein-Barr, which led to post-viral encephalitis/CFS but I had quite a bit of mercury already by the time of that infection, which may have contributed to its virulence.

jepps

I also dont have candida ;)
They test it also with very goog stool test! But no candida.
My ph was very low i believe 5,3 in the gut and many bifidobaterials ( probiotica). So i didt had h pylori or cadida! So thats also not my problem.

My stool tests mostly showed very seldom candida, mostly not. But since I began to address candida 10 months ago, I excrete it at the highest level. If candida is in the upper intestine and the liver, it is hard to test. But sureliy it can be the fact, that you do not have fungi (since addressing candida, I also detox mold, which also never showed on any stooltest), but stooltest is not very reliable.