• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

EVENT! From The #MEAction network.

aimossy

From the FB page:

We are hosting a Google Hangout next Wednesday, February 25th at 12pm PT/ 3pm ET / 8pm GMT with Beth and Jennifer Brea. It's an informal conversation to discuss our vision (and some of the tools) for ‪#‎MEAction‬ and to invite everyone to start contributing their feedback on what they want and what this group might be.

Please join us!
https://plus.google.com/…/events/coi16b6guc8nuidbtphg6bqqja4

Also, a bit of homework: Some of the tools and concepts we will use for our own site are based on http://350.org. Have a look around – it will give you a flavor of what the future might be.

Want to volunteer? Email meactionassistant@gmail.com

#MEAction is not an advocacy organization. It is a bottom up, mass movement aimed at helping activists connect, find resources, and scale their projects.

Here is sneak peak of what we are hoping to unveil this spring:
– A professional brand concept that can be used by activists around the world
– Tools for organizing events, petitions, and fundraising that help make it easier for activists to self-organize and scale their projects
– A directory of volunteers to help match projects with people who have specific skills
– Tools for contacting or petitioning members of Congress (US) and Parliament (UK) – (we hope to expand to other countries as well!)
– Printed training modules as well as virtual workshops that draw upon the skills of professional organizers and veteran activists from all around the social issue landscape.

Last edited:

DanME

Sounds wonderful. I will definetly participate!

I started to work for a German ME advocacy and always thought, we need better ways to connect and coordinate world wide to give our movement more gravitas and momemtum. Imagine e.g. how much easier it would be to crowdfund for important research, if we all advertised for it at the same time in 50 different countries. :)

Thanks for your work, it is very much appreciated!

taniaaust1

Sounds a great idea

#MEAction is not an advocacy organization. It is a bottom up, mass movement aimed at helping activists connect, find resources, and scale their projects.

Will ME action include things like templates on their website as tools for advocates to be able to use? I think we'd have far more of us advocating certain things if there templates around the place for different types of advocacy eg a letter someone can take with them to give a new doctor they see.

Im wondering if something like that can be part of the resources for people?

Wally

From the FB page:

We are hosting a Google Hangout next Wednesday, February 25th at 12pm PT/ 3pm ET / 8pm GMT with Beth and Jennifer Brea. It's an informal conversation to discuss our vision (and some of the tools) for ‪#‎MEAction‬ and to invite everyone to start contributing their feedback on what they want and what this group might be.

Please join us!
https://plus.google.com/…/events/coi16b6guc8nuidbtphg6bqqja4

Also, a bit of homework: Some of the tools and concepts we will use for our own site are based on http://350.org. Have a look around – it will give you a flavor of what the future might be.

Want to volunteer? Email meactionassistant@gmail.com

Here is sneak peak of what we are hoping to unveil this spring:
– A professional brand concept that can be used by activists around the world
– Tools for organizing events, petitions, and fundraising that help make it easier for activists to self-organize and scale their projects
– A directory of volunteers to help match projects with people who have specific skills
– Tools for contacting or petitioning members of Congress (US) and Parliament (UK) – (we hope to expand to other countries as well!)
– Printed training modules as well as virtual workshops that draw upon the skills of professional organizers and veteran activists from all around the social issue landscape.

The 350.org link didn't work for me.

Another example of inspiration I'd like to see us try is Color of Change http://colorofchange.org

As well as the join us link. Not sure what's going in with me.

@Delia and anyone else who was not able to connect to the original link.
Try this link. https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/coi16b6guc8nuidbtphg6bqqja4

FYI - The Google "Hangout" starts today (Wednesday - 2/25/2015) at 12:00 pm (PST.

Delia

I wasn't able to participate but did get the links via a different email. I like the the 350 site a lot.

DanME

Thx you so much! I participated and the Q&A was really interesting and inspiring.
The ME Action Network seems to be a fantastic project. I hope, your vision will come true and it will be much easier to connect and start interesting and effective projects worldwide in the future.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
was there any text info? 54 minutes is too long a video for me.

I'm really hopeful that this group will be what we need, but I'm unable to participate in hangouts on relatively short notice, or listen to long videos.

oceiv

@aimossy I'd like to follow the progress of #MEAction, The ME Action Network. I might be missing it, but was there a working link posted? Is there a site other than an FB page, for people who don't like or use FB? Are there any Twitter accounts to follow?

I agree with @Delia that Color of Change is a great model for how grassroots action can get big things done.