• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Severe weakness in arms and legs

I am suffering real bad weakness heavyness in my legs and arms tingling numbness frezzing feet :'(
Pains in legs arms :'(like it in bone

Also really dizzy wen gtn up fast pulse bloodpressure low to anyone else gt this just looking to see i not alone:-S

Thank u for your reply
I am in uk i have been doctors this morning my blood pressure is 110 she said and my pulse is faster when i stand walk move etc i have been suffering this for for while now i gave
Birth via caseran section in 2012 exept fast pulse it all started just bfre that mildly after multiple miscarriages then latly it got progressively worse just got me practically housebound since jan withpains in my legs weakness heavyness genral feeling dreadfull

been reffed to hostpital prob for tests and to me\cfs clinc never been to either bfre so am bit anxious abt it i only 24 i feel like my independents been takn of me cant look after my children my partners practically my carer sorry for rant

Last edited:

melamine

been reffed to hostpital prob for tests and to me\cfs clinc

@Cinderella24 - You would do well to read as much as you can about the criteria for CFS/ME on Phoenix Rising before going to the hospital and clinic. Print out information about tests and definitions if it helps, and understand that the CFS clinics in UK are probably not your friend. I do not know whether you have CFS/ME or not but my understanding of the CFS clinics in UK is that they are not set up to do the kinds of tests or evaluations that are useful for people with CFS, nor to offer any useful and non-harmful treatments. There are other members on here who know more about the UK CFS clinics than I do, if you can manage to find them through search.

Good luck, I wish you well.

barbc56

I agree. It sounds like a good physical workup is needed to rule out any comorbid conditions before even thinking about an me/cfs clinic where these other conditions might be overlooked.

Good luck. Keep us updated.

Barb
Rant away. Those sound like scary symptoms. Hopefully, finding what's going on will reduce your anxiety which is only natural when something like this occurs.:hug:

Last edited:

CantThink

Yeah, the NHS CFS clinic is not good in my experience. They can diagnose chronic fatigue of unknown cause (and will give out the CFS label). They are not adept at diagnosing M.E. (they don't do any of the right tests for M.E.). They can help people who need mental health intervention in the form of CBT, or physiotherapy in the form of GET.

You might want to research autonomic dysfunction. Dinet website is helpful.

Also I'm not sure of your other symptoms, but you could try posting on Thyroid UK forum as thyroid problems might be worth investigating. (The NHS are notoriously bad at diagnosing them)

CantThink

Re: thyroid, I'm not well enough to write more so will quote from a helpful page -

Do not just accept “normal”. You should always ask for the actual figures of your test results – your level as well as the ranges. Be aware that different areas in the country use different test ranges so one TSH test range might be 0.5 – 5.0 but in another area the TSH range might be 0.4 - 4.0. You could be “borderline” (near the bottom or top of the range) or have “subclinical hypothyroidism” (high TSH and normal FT4) or “subclinical hyperthyroidism” (low TSH and normal FT4) and not be aware of this because you have not been given the ranges of the tests. Subclinical thyroid disease is not usually treated although treatment may be useful.

From: http://www.thyroiduk.org.uk/tuk/diagnosis/getting_diagnosis.html

If you get past results from GP you can post them on Thyroid UK forum and they'll help identity if thyroid issues might be part of your problem.

Also check out low B12 and muscle weakness - the UK range for blood test is low. It should ideally be above 500.