• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Lyme in Australia!

Haha, the exclamation mark wasn't necessary, but since Lyme seems like the hot topic today I thought I would try to stir things up further. It seems more promising than arguing about names, anyway.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25565883

I am noticing that it isn't as stigmatizing if a person says they have Lyme Disease, so many more are now Saying it / Doing it that way. "I am battling Lyme Disease" won't get you shunned out of the room or bad-vibed as it will when you say, you "may have CFS..you know , the really nasty one that's contagious(my sub group is). it's also called ME, but it may be something different now."--> who knows for sure? Except this fight is trying to be taken to us re "Money" to pay for the one big mistake that eventually trickled down to .all. of us. Except the real story is yet unbroken, and we are dying, and that apparently isn't concerning to the NIH or CDC. w h y n o t ? WHY isn't this tragic outbreak being fought at the highest USGovt levels?

SilverbladeTE

Because the US, British and Australian governments probably CREATED Lyme Disease, that's why.
It's from a naturally occurring pathogen, but our insane governments clandestine arms had a "game plan" of creating bio-chemical weapons designed to incapacitate, ruin industrial output, cause famines etc rather than just primarily killing agents like the Soviets did.
partially because it's much harder to prove it's an attack that way.
Hence strong suspicion a wave of crop, animal and Human diseases that swept Cuba in late 70s early 80s were biological attacks (especially after CIA flights were seen dropping stuff)

Or it maybe just a natural pathogen...that's the thing with those damn weapons and one reason why sane folk pushed to get such work banned around 1973. Alas the "spooks" continued with it, and the huge American so-called bio "defence" laboratory network is enormous and way beyond what you need or is anywhere safe for true defence work.
You have enough labs, sooner or later you WILL have accidental releases.

Go read up about Plum island, and anyone who still things that's not plausible: oh yeah, really? :rolleyes:
Go see the plutonium/radiological and nerve gas tests on unwitting victims during that era, just to begin with, then note Frank Olson's death finally being admitted as a murder after 40 years.

So, it may just be a natural disease, but the mere FEAR that it's one of their own, or would lead to awkward questions is part of the crap about Lyme, creates a reaction of deliberate disinformation, cover up,denial etc

other part of this being the deliberate pig ignorance of the medical profession, as only THEY have the "right" to discover or know about diseases! Meh, idiots