• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Crowdfund for Jarred Younger (leading biomedical researcher)

Bob

Pandora have set up this crowdfund for Jarred Younger:
http://www.youcaring.com/nonprofits/leptin-in-the-role-of-neuroinflammation-pain-and-fatigue/294196

Leptin in the Role of Neuroinflammation, Pain and Fatigue
Pandora Org is raising money for Jarred Younger, Ph.D., who directs the Neuroinflammation, Pain and Fatigue Laboratory at University of Alabama Birmingham. You can see a webinar about their research here - www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFwAyrb5p34. The funds raised will be passed on for their research program. Pandora Org will also be donating a grant to this program to help find a cure. Pandora is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization. Your donation is tax deductable.

This is the recent webinar with Jarred Younger, organised by Pandora:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFwAyrb5p34

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Of the fifty or so inflammatory markers one popped out in all three women: leptin – a hormone associated with appetite regulation which on the face of it would seem to have little to do with fatigue or pain. Leptin levels are three times higher in women than men, however, and leptin promotes an inflammatory response: two factors that could explain why it’s having an impact in these disorders.

Read more: Getting “Younger”: Leptin, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Fibromyalgia

Question: Is there a clinic at UAB that Dr. Younger is working with? In other words, is his research being translated into treatment options?

Sushi

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
@Sushi, he's doing trials but there isn't a lot of information in the webinar. No indication of the scale of the trials and what pharmaceutical is being trialled. IIRC they are also investigating botanicals.

Sushi

No indication of the scale of the trials and what pharmaceutical is being trialled. IIRC they are also investigating botanicals.
He mentioned elsewhere that they are looking at LDN as well.

Wish there were a clinic associated with his research. :(

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
Should also have said - in case you haven't watched yet - that there is a slide in the webinar with a list of microglial inhibitors

Scarecrow

Revolting Peasant
@Sushi

http://www.uab.edu/news/focus-on-pa...ch-program-to-combat-chronic-pain-and-fatigue
With few practitioners who specialize in these types of conditions, patients have fewer options for treatment. In Alabama, there are no clinical research centers that specialize in conditions such as fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome.
Younger sees an opportunity to create a center in Birmingham that will bring world-class research and medicine together to help prevent and treat these disorders.

Sushi

@Scarecrow
Younger sees an opportunity to create a center in Birmingham that will bring world-class research and medicine together to help prevent and treat these disorders.

This is of particular interest to me as I used to work at UAB medical center.

Sushi

taniaaust1

@Bob May I suggest you get the title of this page changed. I didnt know who Jarred Younger was so wasnt going to read this. I suggest to get it changed to "Crowdfund for Researcher Jarred Younger" so people know its ME/CFS research trying to get off the ground.

I think more people then would check out this link.

Bob

@Bob May I suggest you get the title of this page changed. I didnt know who Jarred Younger was so wasnt going to read this. I suggest to get it changed to "Crowdfund for Researcher Jarred Younger" so people know its ME/CFS research trying to get off the ground.

I think more people then would check out this link.
Thanks for suggestion, Tania. I've changed the title - please let me know if you think it could be improved.