• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New (Feb 2015) petition to the Whitehouse on Ampligen for ME

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Just seen this on Ryan Prior's site:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...reating-me-myalgic-encephalomeylitis/NX8yBcps

WE PETITION THE OBAMA ADMINISTRATION TO:
Remove FDA Roadblocks and Approve Ampligen for Use in Treating M.E. (Myalgic Encephalomeylitis)
1,000,000 patients in the US suffer from ME which the FDA has stated is a serious, life-threatening and complex illness, yet there is no FDA approved treatment.

Ampligen has been used to treat M.E. patients for more than 20 years (100,000+ doses). Experts agree that they have seen improvement in approximately 40% of patients using the drug.

The FDA advisory panel say that the drug is safe. It is the tortuous process of meeting the different standards and requirements for approval of 5 FDA divisions, combined with an FDA lead reviewer who admitted at a public meeting she did not understand the disease, that has blocked the approval of this treatment.

A hearing is needed to examine whether M.E. patients are being unfairly prevented from accessing a treatment which may benefit many.​

SDSue

Southeast
After 8 days, there are only 366 signatures. That's pathetic. The goal is 100,000 signatures by March 7.

I CHALLENGE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD TO CONTACT 5 PEOPLE AND GET THEM TO PARTICIPATE BY SIGNING. I'M DOING IT, WILL YOU?

Sasha

Fine, thank you
After 8 days, there are only 366 signatures. That's pathetic. The goal is 100,000 signatures by March 7.

I CHALLENGE EVERYONE WHO READS THIS THREAD TO CONTACT 5 PEOPLE AND GET THEM TO PARTICIPATE BY SIGNING. I'M DOING IT, WILL YOU?

I think the small number of signatures might be just due to a lack of promotion so far. I was surprised to see that the petition is a week old already and yet Ryan's FB page was the first I'd heard of it.

I'd hope it would get a lot more signatories with more exposure.

*GG*

I wouldn't over extend myself to get this petition signed, I'm rather certain that this administration has nor responded to petitions that get 100,000 signatures. Especially if it is not politically beneficial to them. Obama is a lame duck now, and he will likely punt this to the next administration!

GG