• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Needed Logo for Phoenix Rising Forums

Lynn

If you have some images and you tell me what you are looking for, I could try my hand at it. I did the logo and collateral materials for Pandoras walkathon.

WalkinMyShoesMedium_001.jpg

Lynn

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
You are good! (I wish I could hire you for the website). I'll email you some of the images - I'm not sure which ones - they are all take off of a picture - the one on the Phoenix Rising website.

On the other hand if you have any other ideas please let me know.

i'm looking for something that could stretch across the page. We can increase the height of the header.

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Its a nice image with the sun rising - it fits; right now I'd like to work around the logo for the site - such as it is - it would be nice to do a take off on that; may be too abstract, though. Thanks for the idea - I'll keep it in mind.

Frank

If they come in handy, here they are. I must say they are low quality and i think it's a painting.
But the sun seems like a good theme.

here's a painted phoenix
phoenix20better20colorld5.jpg

Attachments

• wel.jpg
    wel.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 44
  • basic.JPG
    basic.JPG
    8.1 KB · Views: 38

Lynn

Cort and Jan, thank you for the praise.

Cort go ahead and send me what you have and I'll start working on it. Also can you send me the specs you need for image size. I can make it a banner type logo to fit the format better.

Lynn

Sing

I really like the idea expressed in Phoenix Rising, which is rebirth from death. The phoenix itself was a bird which knew of its own immortal nature, and portrayed that in its voluntary self immolation when it perceived itself as getting old or degenerating. Its death by fire resulted in the hatching of a new egg, a new phoenix. These birds were thought to be great healers and to understand the deepest griefs. All of these features play a part in the phoenix who is the guardian, companion animal to the great wizard Dumbledore, in Harry Potter.

My wish would be to have some kind of image of the mythical phoenix, as this is what many of us have known, a living death, from which we wish to rise again into new life.

Sing

Andrew

A suggestion here. See if you can find free (or cheap) vector clipart in an image you want. Having a vector file will allow you to make is any size without it deteriorating. This is good because it will be different sizes for different uses. And simple is better, so you can also use it as a silhouette or in negative.

Tammie

<a href="http://www.fundraw.com//clipart/clip-art/3727/Phoenix/">Phoenix - Free Clip Art at FunDraw.com</a>

here's a clip art one....similar to the red one someone else posted

there are some other clip art ones that are really cool, but they charge quite a bit for them - this one is free

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
pr logo cooler t&#11.jpgHere are a couple of logo's Lynn came up with for the website. We could use thempr logo green (1).jpgPRRed..jpg as a basis for the Forums. I was thinking of widening them and then having Phoenix Rising spread horizontally to the left - for a longer banner. I don't know how difficult that is to accomplish. Any ideas are welcome.

Attachments

• pr logo only gre&#1.jpg
    pr logo only gre&#1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 64

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
You're right! How did I miss that? My idea is to take the words off the logo and then spread them across banner to the left; we have more room then. (Although there is enough room on the logo now - my website says ME/CFS by the way...little embarrassed.. :).)

Andrew

My suggestion is using only that abstract image with a transparent foreground and white background. To the right is the name of the forum. I think that would make a banner that fits the design of the forum.

I found this rather pretty phoenix that we could probably thieve:

f2405_phoenix_tattoo_by_oreozili-pi.jpg

Then there's this one if we want to strike fear in the hearts of our enemies:

phoenix-128874521550246798.jpg

Both are probably a bit complicated for a banner logo though.

D

Denn

Then there's this one if we want to strike fear in the hearts of our enemies:

Like, Yeah!!! Great image, Esther. It certainly got my blood flowing!

Victoria

In Feng Shui, the celestial phoenix is said to symbolise the luck of wish fulfilling opportunities. It is also believed to bring extreme good fortune. Should be red, if you're going to use an actual phoenix somewhere on Phoenix Rising website.

Feng Shui is an ancient Chinese science, which prescribes ways of living in a state of harmony and balance with your persononal environment in order to enjoy great good fortune.

(Just in case you're interested in adding a little extra to the meaning of your Logo. And Yes, I do practice this art in my home space - I had a mirror with an Indian carved frame around it at one end of my kitchen until I read that a mirror in the kitchen brings bad health.

I moved it back to above the dining table, which is where I originally bought it for. I have replaced it in the kitchen, temporarily, with a framed chinese embroidered peacock. This is not as weird as it sounds (in my kitchen). It's hanging above an Asian inspired storage cabinet. The symbol of the peacock can be used in place of the phoenix (in the eastern side of your home).

Since I've hung this picture there, I've had some incredible good luck in recent weeks. Co-incidence? Perhaps? Or do we generate our own good luck by being positive? Who knows? I don't care whether it's fact or myth. All I can say is that the change has brought some good financial luck into my life)

I love Lynn's logos, but have to say the colours of the middle sample remind me of illness & debility. Make sure you use uplifting or healing colours, not depressing colours (with whatever you end up with to replace VBulletin).

Just a thought......Here's a more contemporary version I copied (probably illegally).

D

Denn

Dear Victoria--

Thanks for the very interesting Feng Shui information regarding the Phoenix--a truly potent symbol. Your observations about color feel intuitively true. It seems to me that a Feng Shui thread would be very helpful in the Community Forum--if there is enough interest and a few people with the appropriate knowledge of the art.

Denn