• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nausea, tiredness, jitteryness out of nowhere?

boo85

Does anyone get sudden nausea, jitteryness, tiredness, tingly feelings out of nowhere?

Where you suddenly need to take a nap so that those feelings go away?

And then you feel a bit better after your nap?

Is this "crashing"?

Does this mean my body is healing?

halcyon

Does it happen with any proximity to exertion? These are some of the immediate symptoms I get when I overexert myself. The PEM comes later.

taniaaust1

It could also OI or something like POTS... are you upright when this occurs? If its OI it usually can settle down quite fast with a short nap which is very different to a ME crash. OI or dysautonomia symptoms can come on very quick eg okay one minute but completely not the next.

boo85

Does it happen with any proximity to exertion? These are some of the immediate symptoms I get when I overexert myself. The PEM comes later.

What does PEM mean?

It could do... I mean, I don't exercise hard or anything. Probably just when I am doing normal day to day things such as cooking, cleaing, driving etc. But then again there have been days when I'm really busy and it the feeling hasn't washed over me at all...

Hypoglycemia?

I thought maybe this could be it too.

At first I thought it was low potassium so I went to shop and bought some coconut water but it didn't perk me up or anything like that. I still had to go home and have a sleep before I felt better.

It could also OI or something like POTS... are you upright when this occurs? If its OI it usually can settle down quite fast with a short nap which is very different to a ME crash. OI or dysautonomia symptoms can come on very quick eg okay one minute but completely not the next.

What does OI mean?

Does POTS stand for this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postural_orthostatic_tachycardia_syndrome ?

boo85

Does anyone think that it could be me suddenly detoxing metals?

Or detoxing B6?

Or my adrenals?

I get similar symptoms after I workout or over exert myself. It has gone so far as me feinting momentarily.

Johnmac

Does anyone think that it could be me suddenly detoxing metals?

Or detoxing B6?

Or my adrenals?

You could ask @David Hammond about the detoxing mercury - he's the author of a book on the subject.

I have the symptoms you mention from carnitine, & have to go very low & slow with that for that reason. But unless it happens every time you take carnitine, that may not be your etiology.

This used to happen to me frequently. I would suddenly get so tired I couldn't speak to anyone. I also sudden attacks of anxiety for no reason and severe exhaustion after moderate exercise. These symptoms gradually resolved with chelation.

You might want to try a 24 hour saliva cortisol test to check adrenal function and FT3, FT4, RT3 and iron studies for thyroid function.