• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Back of head blocked, head tingling

L'engle

moogle
Hi,
I'm in a crash right now and am quite a bit weaker than usual. Aside from the adrenal area tenderness I listed on another thread, I'm also having dull pain in the back of my head at the base of the skull area. It feels like the area is blocked and there is that sort of sensation like when fluid moves around in your knees, except it is in the base of my skull. It's been off and on for a few days so I'm lying down most of the time. Right now the blocked feeling is accompanied by a tingling sensation in the top of my head that is similar to pins and needles. I only have it in my head, not my arms or legs. I can even hear little 'skronking' type sounds in the back of my neck, or maybe creaking like there is fluid moving around.

Have people had stuff like this? It's not severely painful but weird and unnerving. I'm kind of out of it actually. Bewildered perhaps.

taniaaust1

My post may sound crazy thou some schools of thought believe this, take what I say or leave it.

There is a back head chakra and some people can feel when a chakra gets blocked. There is also a main chakra at the top of the head. An influx of energy coming in throu the crown (a point energy often comes in) can cause tingling at the top of the head if too much energy comes in or energy is coming in at a level you are not used too. If you have energetic blocks in your head it can end up congest at other chakras ie the back head chakra which is near it or at the third eye chakra area.

Make sure noone is sending you healing!! (energy healing sent by someone who cant scan your energy system can cause the issue you've described and cause over congestion.. exactly like what you are describing) .

Such a person could make this issue far worst as healing energy sent often comes in throu the crown and seeing it sounds like you are energy congested in your head, someone who isnt an extremely advanced healer who isnt aware the energy is congesting, could make you sicker (or give you quite a headache or fuzzy head.. the blocked chakra feel could end up going into a painful feel if the energy keeps building there).

When someone is sensitive to the feels of their chakras, they often will feel other things in these areas and may get all kinds of strange movements in the areas (pm me if you start getting anything which has become scary, I will not think you are crazy :) I used to do psychic healing and can try to help you if things get too bad).

One way you probably could clear this some would be to get a an advanced pranic healer who had capacity to tune into your energy body to clear it (or someone with like skill).

I did warn you this was about to be a strange post :)

ps if you are into energy raising or doing yoga or kundalini techniques or doing advanced meditation techniques, you should stop them and get some advice before you continue.. as those can further conjest the area. (You could kundalini awakening going on, people often can start to feel chakras then).

Last edited:

L'engle

moogle
Thanks Tania. The tingling is somewhat improved. I've heard the area at the back of the head called a few things, such as 'the ivory gates' or chakra. Energy work is interesting.

taniaaust1

ah cool. You are aware of these, so Im not going to be thought of as the crazy looney person lol. The areas have got their own names depending on what school of things one is from. eg the wiki diagram is using the indian terms for these.

Raines

Seize. Eggs. I don't know. Zebra. Eighties.
I sometimes get a pins and needles type feeling on the inside of my skull, its a strange a scary feeling. It only happens when my jaw and shoulders are bad. Jaw clenching and stiff shoulders being related to stress.
So for me as soon as I notice my jaw going I work on reducing stress (which is never easy), and this seems to work.

Its not the same as what you describe, I don't have any fluid moving sensations.
But could it be stress related?
Our bodies do so many weird things, it makes it hard to tell what is 'normal ME/CFS weirdness' and what needs medical investigation.

maddietod

There are lymph nodes at the back of the head and down the back of the neck. Maybe you could try some self-lymph drainage and see if it helps at all?

upload_2015-2-8_9-10-42.png

L'engle

moogle
@Alea Ishikawa I think I've had the occipital headache before but I can't remember about the head tingling. If it keeps up I will have to do something about it.

@Raines Could be related to strain. My adrenals seem to be in a crash. I may go for a massage to get rid of some tension.

@taniaaust1 The chakra systems seems to align with some of the lymphatic stuff. Moving energy/fluid. Interesting ideas!

@Gondwanaland Could always be something to do with what I ate. New food intolerances every year it seems...

Raines

Seize. Eggs. I don't know. Zebra. Eighties.
I get that from food intolerances (salicylates, esp. malic acid) and too much sodium.

The jaw shoulder head thing all started after a change in medication gave me some awful side effects including anxiety, and while I'm off that medication now the anxiety is not completely gone.
I have never done a food diary to compare with my symptoms. I think I will start one - it could be very interesting.