• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Shopping across the pond.

brenda

Since iherb have increased their shipping charges for those outside of the US, I have been looking for an alternative source and have found this one:

http://uk.evitamins.com/magnesium-oxide-now-34058#.VMypQS6wEdU

I have highlighted Now's magnesium oxide to compare the cost of buying it here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Foods-Magnesium-Oxide-Powder-Ounce/dp/B00NR1T6F4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422698863&sr=8-1&keywords=now magnesium oxide powder

Wow that's a steep increase! Look at the shipping cost!

If you keep to under £15 you won't pay import tax and customs charges. I have just ordered 4 x magnesium oxide which was well under £15 and with shipping costs of £8 something it still came to half of what it would have cost here. No doubt it will take longer than iherb (which was 2 days last time). If you want to use a $5 off code it is 1024650.

I bought Pure Encapsulations B complex from them as i-herb say they can no longer ship it to the UK?? It cost £20 but i didnt have to pay any import tax or customs charge. BUT it took over 2 weeks to arrive, it seemed to sit in italian customs for about a week.

CantThink

Vitacost is another one I like to buy from. I find their shipping is reasonable compared to other places I've bought things from in the US.

CantThink

I bought Pure Encapsulations B complex from them as i-herb say they can no longer ship it to the UK?? It cost £20 but i didnt have to pay any import tax or customs charge. BUT it took over 2 weeks to arrive, it seemed to sit in italian customs for about a week.

@beachy

Have you tried getting it from Vitacost? For me, they take about 7-10 days to arrive unless it's around Christmas.

I've bought it from Amazon before, but it has disappeared off their site and i couldnt find anyone else selling it.
I didnt think the e-vitamins order was ever going to turn up, so in the end i ordered more from Germany, this only took about a week but it was much dearer (50 euros incl postage).
I have used vitacost before, and they seem to stock it . I've ended up with 2 tubs now so won't be needing more for a very long time thankfully.
@brenda is there a reason why you use magnesium oxide as a source of magnesium? A nutritionist told me that the magnesium in it isn't very bioavailable and it was better to use the citrate form. Magnesium sulphate is also OK but it can cause diaorrhea.

brenda

@beachy

I used to think that but recent research has led me to believe that it is changed to a better form of mag. by stomach acid. They use mag. oxide for horses and it obviously works if they keep on using it.